jl w3 what size box

Participant count
  • Participant list

Demon73
10+ year member

I have 2 jl 12w3 that I want to build a box for. I'm looking for what would be the best tune and cubic feet for something clean and low. I'm going with a single chamber and a single port. I can figure out the details of the box size. I mostly listen to dub and rap. Any ideas help thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I see your thread is as popular as mine but I'll give my .02. I built a sealed and ported box for my jl 12w6 for what the manual recommended and the sealed was tighter and cleaner then the ported but the ported was way louder I'd say for listening to dub-rap ported would work well, and sealed works good for rock-metal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Absolutely. I am always learning and think it's probably impossible to stop learning. I appreciate the advice and don't doubt for a second the...
I'm trying to do 4 18 inch resilient sound platinums in a cpillar flat wall .4 to 5 cubes per was told they like 12 to 16 inches per cube . I have...
40-85l is about the size range most high powered 12" woofers will want for a box. You should use manufacturer suggested box specs unless someone...
I would like to a bandpass box wherein the subs are facing each other and each have their own sealed enclosure with the center section being the...
Try the sealed then. If you feel you're lacking low end extension you might try to build a ported box to give you a little more output down low.

About this thread

Demon73

10+ year member
Demon73
Sacramento,CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from