Going from a single to dual 15

Participant count
  • Participant list

ArrizX
10+ year member

Scout 800 owner.
Have one SA15 ported right now. Going to get another, and go sealed this time. How much can I expect output to increase? I can only afford one or the other right now, its another am or sub. I am opting for the sub. I am going to wire up both subs to my single 600wrms amp untill I can buy another. It might **** but its what I can do for now.

Anyways I dont care about the increase in volume as much as I want better sq over a broader range of music. I have an extended cab f350, I had a buddy tell me Ill get the best output in my truck by downfiring. This this true? Should I build a down firing box? I was going to up fire them towards the roof. Thoughts please, thanks

Why not try both and see what sounds better to you? Build a sealed box and try it up firing, then stack some 2X4's underneath it to try it down firing. If you like it better down firing attach some permanent feet to the enclosure.

Sell the sa15, by an ssa gcon 15, build a proper ported box for it and use your current amp. If later you want a bit more power, then upgrade the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.