S10 blowthrough help

Participant count
  • Participants list

S10SPLove

I'm going a start a blowthrough project on my singlecab s10. Im going to be using 2 hdc3 subs and can't decide between 12s or 15s. I'm going for spl obv given the subs I'm using. Someone help me out here on deciding sub size. Also I'm torn between a 4th order (confused as hll on how to build one that will sound good) or a regular slot ported box... I'm leaning towards ported. Should I make 2 chambers w 2 ports. Or a single chamber w one port? Helllp.lol

I'd do 15's if they'll fit. Seems silly to cut up a vehicle for 2 12's.

HDC's are not 4th order friendly. Do a reg ported box, single chamber and center port. Also depending upon where the box ends up and if you have to use panels to seal it off into the cabin that might lower tuning...

What do u mean panels? I planned on sinking the face of the box in about 2 inches so there's a lip on the front of the box. I've never owned 15s. Are they alot different then 12s sound and knock? Thanks for the info on the box tho.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.