Beware - Car Audio Dealers - Amazon Seller

Knowmadic
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I bought the speakers from this shady company thinking they were a legit, and authorized dealer. Oh how wrong I was, I was wondering why the performance was ******* so much the first few weeks and finally found the weak link; fake speakers. My doors are sealed and sound deadened with two layers of MurderMat, I'm using eKs RCA's from KnuKonceptz and an Alpine PDX-F4 Amplifier tuned with a SMD DD-1. Everything else works perfectly in my system except for these speakers. I swapped speakers for some random Polks I had laying around and they destroyed these Alpines, it wasn't even a competition. I took out my speakers and started doing some initial checks of the product and found quite a few things. While everything looks as it should when powered off (minus the missing serial numbers, oh did I forget to mention that?). When I power them on I hear sound come out but whats the woofer do? Not even flex a millimeter. I turned my HU up to max unclipped volume and are the woofer moving at all now? Nope. Just the same little tiny vibrating, no excursion at all. I looked at some Youtube videos to see if that is just how these speakers are and they are most certainly supposed to be excurding, even on low volumes. I'm contacting my credit card company soon to file a chargeback, contacting Amazon to inform them of fake merchandise and contacting Alpine to inform them someone is peddling fake Alpine gear. I tried contacting the company to resolve this and the manager, William, pretty much told me "You're wrong, we don't sell fake stuff, only brand new A stock from an Alpine distributer" I proceeded to ask him just to tell me the name of where he gets his speakers and he simply told me "That's a trade secret". Seems legit. He then proceeded to tell me to send back the unit and he'll get everything exchanged. I'm extremely skeptical about sending it back(He's making me pay shipping to send back his defective garbage?) because I feel like it's going to end up "lost" or "You sent back a different unit". Some typical run around crap. I gave him an ultimatum and that was to send me a legit set, and then I'll send back his defective fake pieces of crap or I pursue this legally. I've also seen the horror stories on his reviews of refunds taking 3+ weeks to process.

EDIT: Will upload pictures of speakers in about an hour when I take these out for good.

Don't feel sorry for you, kinda glad this happens to people that are only looking for the cheapest price.
you know who else look for the cheapest price? These audio companies that outsource overseas and lower quality for the sake of money. Everyone wants to catch a break, get off his nutsack

Ok everybody stop supporting every vendor on this site and dont buy anythinh for sale here ... We should only buy from local stores and get out wallets raped

[quote name='momax_powers']Ok everybody stop supporting every vendor on this site and dont buy anythinh for sale here ... We should only buy from local stores and get out wallets raped[/QUOTE]

I sell items locally for exact same price i sell items for online/forums... i sell big boy stuff, they have set prices.. and @mylows10; can tell you same thing he is one of the people i would buy from if i was not a dealer

[quote name='GAMEOVERCCA']I sell items locally for exact same price i sell items for online/forums... i sell big boy stuff, they have set prices.. and @mylows10; can tell you same thing he is one of the people i would buy from if i was not a dealer[/QUOTE]
yuuuuuupp !!!!!!!!

I'd like to buy my subs local, but here are my options:

1. whatever is at radioshack.

2. whatever is at wal-mart.

I don't like those options. I need my $20 or whatever i'll save by ordering online vs. buying from the local radioshack dealer more than they do.

[quote name='GAMEOVERCCA']I sell items locally for exact same price i sell items for online/forums... i sell big boy stuff, they have set prices.. and @mylows10; can tell you same thing he is one of the people i would buy from if i was not a dealer[/QUOTE]
Im just breakin balls..... But there is a place for for both online selling and BM stores....i just wish the local places were up to speed with whats going on in car audio and help the buyer rather than telling them "these kenwood subs are the best" just to clear out their remaining stock...when you have over half of them not knowing what the big three is and suggesting you need a capacitor you tend to say "screw it" and just get exactly what you need from the comfort of your home with 100s of stores at your fingertips. The downside of this is you are easily swayed to click on the cheapest price without seeing/touching/testing the exact product you are getting. Best thing is always do research before you buy (about seller and the/their product)

[quote name='mylows10']yuuuuuupp !!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Yea...easy to say when neither of you are in VA....

I'm guessing most local stores getting tired of douchebags coming in "I read on the internet, blah blah blah". "I can get it for $1.50 less on the internet" "skar is awesome your stuff is stupid junk"

I'm guessing most local stores getting tired of douchebags coming in "I read on the internet, blah blah blah". "I can get it for $1.50 less on the internet" "skar is awesome your stuff is stupid junk"
oma god you could not have said that any better.. i want to buy you a subway cookie now... lol

I would gladly buy local if there were some reasonably priced speakers, but my option is Safe and Sound auto that inflates their price quite a bit. Honestly don't know any other place within an hour drive besides Crutchfield. I've bought from dealers on this site before, I prefer buying here but am I seriously going to get flamed for buying speakers before I really found this site and I had giftcards to use instead of money?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.