two jl 8w3v3

one 12w7 in the h.o box ported

one jl 10w0 in bassworx ported box

vdp centra pod with lights from quadratec

AMPS

jl G-4500 four channel amp 500W

jl G-1700 monoblock 700W

jl HD1200/1 need to get the remote still

now i dont haveto run everything. nothing is reallyhooked up.. the rollbar speakers and dash speakers are hooked to the deck the VDP centra podfrom quadratec thing thats there just might hook to one of my amps I figure..

first question

two batteries? with this much power plus my winch and lights its a no brainer.. alternator ? well im trying but mechman just wont return any of my emails when i sent them specs so im still waiting..

until then i can rig up the two batteries right ?! so battery . optima blue under the hood.optima red ready to go in

A) buy dual battery tray 199.99 and dual battery waterproof wiring kit 239.99.

B) put the battery in the back..figure out how to wire it myself becausee the kit wont reach that far

which is better ?? i keep thinking battery in back because the guy at JL on the phone told me direct ground to the negative of the battery instead of amp to chassis which I was doing..

forgive me for not knowing much, but im under the impression to keep the ground as short as possile (about a foot).

Well..... with both batteries under the hood (which I prefer) the ground from my amp would be ALOT longer than a foot.. is this going to matter/make a difference ? ive put alot of different equiptment in my jeep over the years but as soon as i put in the 12w7 and hd1200/1 i get mega voltage drops and it shuts my deck off lol let me know what you guys think . if you need pics and whatnot?? i have all sorts of accesories such as fuseblocks ground trees blah bllah blah ....oh and which way of running multiple amplifiers is better? through a fuseblock or seperate wiring to the battery each?

thanks in advance

mixing subwoofers? I was just staing what i owned no subs are currently hooked up.. ideally i would like 2 8's and a 12 in there when done ? but what do you ean by mixing woofers?

do i need to be more specific ??? wheres all the insight?? battery front or back?? i perfer front, so if front how long can the ground be going to the negative on the battery?? or should I just go chassis?

dont mix different size subs stick with all 10's or 12's ect..
What's your reasoning behind this... I understand I probably shouldn't wire up two 8s and a 12 to the same monoblock amp cuz the ohms?! But run them on separate amps and should be good to go? I assumed different size sub. Are like the highs and lows of the bass like high and mods of speakers???

What's wrong with jl stuff?? My whole truck I going to be jl. Any reasoning for skipping the jl stuff besides that most ppl are just to cheap.?
Decent gear, but way way way overpriced if getting it retail. If you can find it decently priced, there is nothing wrong with JL. If you are going to pay retail prices, there is much better to be had for that kind of money.

There are plenty of us that aren't "cheap" and have spent several thousand dollars on our installs. JL isn't the end-all be-all of car audio, that is all.

Also Deka OEMs Super Start Extreme batteries. Them or Die Hard Platinum are great factory replacement and secondary battery choices.

What's your reasoning behind this... I understand I probably shouldn't wire up two 8s and a 12 to the same monoblock amp cuz the ohms?! But run them on separate amps and should be good to go? I assumed different size sub. Are like the highs and lows of the bass like high and mods of speakers???
The subs behave differently and will cancel one another out. If you are ever wondering about output and frequency coverage, tune subs in the low to mid 30hz range, and get good 6, 6.5 or 8" mid-bass drivers. The two frequency reproductions should not overlap.

EDIT: To further answer your question about this, a properly done enclosure should mean that any size subs should cover all of the "Bass" frequencies. I have 15s, had 12s before that and a single 10 before that. I was able to play 25-65 hz well in all three setups. The box is your limiting factor on this, nothing more. If you want multiple subs, always make sure they are the same make, model and size and each has identical enclosure variables.

The subs behave differently and will cancel one another out. If you are ever wondering about output and frequency coverage, tune subs in the low to mid 30hz range, and get good 6, 6.5 or 8" mid-bass drivers. The two frequency reproductions should not overlap.
EDIT: To further answer your question about this, a properly done enclosure should mean that any size subs should cover all of the "Bass" frequencies. I have 15s, had 12s before that and a single 10 before that. I was able to play 25-65 hz well in all three setups. The box is your limiting factor on this, nothing more. If you want multiple subs, always make sure they are the same make, model and size and each has identical enclosure variables.

And by the way you just made me feel like a child hahahaha proving I know absolutely less than I thought I knew haha

K so the 12w7 in the high output box with the hd1200 is what I'll pick obviously.. Lol so now the. Battery front or back/ground question??

[quote name='Popcornhemeroid']And by the way you just made me feel like a child hahahaha proving I know absolutely less than I thought I knew haha
K so the 12w7 in the high output box with the hd1200 is what I'll pick obviously.. Lol so now the. Battery front or back/ground question??[/QUOTE]
No worries, we all start out clueless, but a willingness to learn what is true, and what is just perpetuated stupidity is what separates us from the "These Kickas be BANGING Yo" people.

Honestly, if you are looking into a 12W7, I would look at FI Q or SSA Icon. The Q has more RMS power handling, but the Icon would get to your door much quicker. Both will sound as good as the W7, both will have better output. Both are insanely cheaper. Have someone from here @pro\-rabbit @double 07 build you a custom box and be on your merry way.

As for batteries. Go to O'Reilly and get the Super Start Extreme that is the same group size as your current front battery. In that jeep I would assume G34/78. Then get the largest one they carry as a rear battery. Have solid, grinded grounds for the rear battery and amp, then do the "Big 3" upgrade. Search that term on here, there is a nice thread showing how to do it. It will ensure you have proper voltage. Good luck.

[quote name='wickedwitt']No worries, we all start out clueless, but a willingness to learn what is true, and what is just perpetuated stupidity is what separates us from the "These Kickas be BANGING Yo" people.

Honestly, if you are looking into a 12W7, I would look at FI Q or SSA Icon. The Q has more RMS power handling, but the Icon would get to your door much quicker. Both will sound as good as the W7, both will have better output. Both are insanely cheaper. Have someone from here @pro\-rabbit @double 07 build you a custom box and be on your merry way.

As for batteries. Go to O'Reilly and get the Super Start Extreme that is the same group size as your current front battery. In that jeep I would assume G34/78. Then get the largest one they carry as a rear battery. Have solid, grinded grounds for the rear battery and amp, then do the "Big 3" upgrade. Search that term on here, there is a nice thread showing how to do it. It will ensure you have proper voltage. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Well as I already have the 12w7 and the hd1200 I'll probably stick to that for now.. Also will this setup be fine on my two optima batteries or should I seriously consider looking into these batteries you recommend.. I live in pretty remote area and have to order most things.. Shipping usually ends up being close to what products cost sometimes :(

Well as I already have the 12w7 and the hd1200 I'll probably stick to that for now.. Also will this setup be fine on my two optima batteries or should I seriously consider looking into these batteries you recommend.. I live in pretty remote area and have to order most things.. Shipping usually ends up being close to what products cost sometimes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Understandable. Seeing as you already have the products, I would definitely use that haha. Might try your local CL and sell it for enough to replace it and have spare cash, though. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. Anyways, one of those two guys building a box will far out perform one of the JL prefabs.

I know way too many people that have issues w/ Optimas as CA batteries, some haven't, but many have. Definitely look into them as you replace the Optimas. Much cheaper, too.

Understandable. Seeing as you already have the products, I would definitely use that haha. Might try your local CL and sell it for enough to replace it and have spare cash, though. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. Anyways, one of those two guys building a box will far out perform one of the JL prefabs.
I know way too many people that have issues w/ Optimas as CA batteries, some haven't, but many have. Definitely look into them as you replace the Optimas. Much cheaper, too.
Battery best to get from eBay? Or??? And ok if I'm throwing it in the back, And it's all big and stuff. How do I wire it to the front.? Any place with a diagram of an install?? Seems like I'm also going to need to learn how to tune my setup? As I have no idea what this hz is lol...

And can my ground from the battery in back be grounded under the hood? And the amp be grounded to that battery or should I try to find something more suitable... The metal on the yj is very thin and both interior and under are bed lined lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.