SA 12 Enclosure Design

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fishpoke
10+ year member

So plugged my drivers in WinISD pro and playing around I've found that a 10ft^3 enclosure tuned to 28hz gives me a mostly flat response with a gain of 5db at 28hz and down 5db at 25hz. I'm wondering how accurate this program actually is, do these numbers sound reasonable? I'm running with a 1200 watt saz1200d so I need a very efficient enclosure and I want it to get lowww. My other question would be what do you guys use to measure cabin gain? I know about REW, wondering if theres anything better out there?

I want to measure my cabin response because I need to be able to factor in my peaks and nulls in my car to get a flat response between 40-80hz while maintaining a nice gain in the lows.

Dual sa12's sorry. Whelp that's what WinISD is telling me and all the driver parameters are entered correctly. From my dabbling in home audio it sounds pretty spot on for the extension I'm trying to achieve I just wanted to make sure the program is accurate.

yea i think theres some kinda of flaw ...6 sa12.s would fit a 10 cube box lol...for a pair ur looking at 4-4.5 depending on goals..maybe on the bigger side since ur underpowering them ...and i would tune in the range of 32-34 ..i wouldnt tune in the 20.s jus my .02

Its currently in a 4.2ft^3 box, prefab tuned rather high, I'm not fond of it at all. I guess I should say I'm shooting for ground pounders here, ideally I want the car to measure flat at 20hz... I love air moving bass not necessarily going for the highest numbers.

^^^ Aye

I know the amp is kinda weak for 2 sa, I'm planning on selling it at some point and upping to a saz3000 when I get the funds for it and running a second battery.

From personal experience with the actual driver. I will second bucks recommendation but you couod take the box up to 5cubes if you wanted to

Ya, you could take the box up in size as far as what the woofer will handle but I don't know if I would to it because you might lose some of that high end if you want to really get up to 80 hz.

Granted I haven't measure it yet but from what I noticed my car has some peaks in the upper frequencies so a box with a dip in that range wont hurt much. How do you calculate the port dimensions for tuning? I'm not really trusting winisd at this point. Going to talk to some guys in my area but I'm thinking between 5-6 cubes gross volume is going to be my magic number for what i'm trying to achieve. Based on some numbers jacob had posted regarding box size to power handling for the sa8 it looks like to push the driver to its mechanical limits on 600rms would need an enclosure of 3.125ft^3 net volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.