Front speakers crackle when I put my foot on the brake

iCeNN
10+ year member

Ok so here is my current setup. I currently have an Alpine 4 Channel amp powering up all my four speakers and a sub (I know it's not optimal, but I had a car audio store hook it up like that). At first I had a used Sony Xplod amp. After listening to music for about 15/20 minutes while driving, my front speakers would start to make a continuous crackling sound with a 10/15 second interval. They would also make this sound when I would put my foot on the brake. I had someone diagnose my system and he told me it was the Sony amp, and that they are known for this. So I replaced the Sony with an Alpine MRP-f300. In fact I did this today. But after listening to music at a moderate volume for like 7 minutes, I noticed that the brake problem had persisted. I'm pretty sure that they would also make the crackling sound by themselves like they were doing with the Sony, if I listen long enough. I could be wrong though. Now my question could this problem be due to having a 4 channel power 4 speakers and a sub? I heard from someone that that could cause some problems, and he mentioned crackling. So is it most likely the 4 channel amp setup? If not, what could it be? I'm going to the store tomorrow again to have them take a look. Should I change the setup to have the amp power my front two speakers and my sub? Is that what you guys would do? Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

Sounds like a grounding problem.. Also check all your wiring and rca connections to make sure they aren't making a short when momentum is going forward. I have had a similar problem and it turned out to be an rca grounding itself every time I hit a bump..

Ok so here is my current setup. I currently have an Alpine 4 Channel amp powering up all my four speakers and a sub (I know it's not optimal, but I had a car audio store hook it up like that). At first I had a used Sony Xplod amp. After listening to music for about 15/20 minutes while driving, my front speakers would start to make a continuous crackling sound with a 10/15 second interval. They would also make this sound when I would put my foot on the brake. I had someone diagnose my system and he told me it was the Sony amp, and that they are known for this. So I replaced the Sony with an Alpine MRP-f300. In fact I did this today. But after listening to music at a moderate volume for like 7 minutes, I noticed that the brake problem had persisted. I'm pretty sure that they would also make the crackling sound by themselves like they were doing with the Sony, if I listen long enough. I could be wrong though. Now my question could this problem be due to having a 4 channel power 4 speakers and a sub? I heard from someone that that could cause some problems, and he mentioned crackling. So is it most likely the 4 channel amp setup? If not, what could it be? I'm going to the store tomorrow again to have them take a look. Should I change the setup to have the amp power my front two speakers and my sub? Is that what you guys would do? Any help is appreciated. Thank You.
Also theres nothing worng with your amp the solution is in your wiring don't let them tell you otherwise.

The few times I have seen this, the head unit or something else was not grounded properly. In fact, once the head unit was grounded properly, and I removed ground from some unrelated factory equipment in the trunk (CD changers, etc), and it turned out the factory ground wire runs all the way to the trunk to be grounded there. One time the bolt inside of the main ANL fuse holder on the power wire became lose. So basically something may be loose.. or maybe something is shorting. A multimeter may be handy..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.