What SQ(ish) driver for 2 Ed nin.1 strapped

Participant count
  • Participant list

bumpasauras
10+ year member

Always Hurtin Ears!!
Currently have 2 sa15's running in 2 ohm on a budget ap apsm2000 running in 2 ohm. They are sitting in 8cubes ported tuned to 33htz.

I bought 2 Ed nin.1's (got one for 140 the other for 155$) and I have the hots to get different woffers. I am completely happy with the sundown's I just need something new to satisfy the itch lol. I am thinking of going with a more sq(ish) set up. Will consider used. I listen to a whole lot of different music from rap to classical.

Thinking of a pair tc 12 or 15's, or something along those lines. What about a pair of idmax 12's. any opinions on those subs (seems like the guys from other forums nut hugg the idmax, what's all the fuss about)

I realize I can run the sa15's on that kind of power (as long as I don't get greedy) I just really wanna try something new. I would trade both the SA's for ??? And add cash if need be.

I found a pair of fi q's in 10" for 525$ on flea bay .. Just don't know if I would be happy with 10's. I sure do like how low the SA15's will play. It would be nice to have a lil room back in my SUV though 8 cubes does not leave a bunch of room for ...well... Anything!!!

Idmaxs won't like over 1k very much. The coils tend to rub or unwind on more than 1k... What crossover frequency do you usually use on your subs. You looking to get all the way to 80hz or higher or do you usually cross at 60 and down...

just putting it out there, i have my 18" IA flatlyne for sale, rated 750w rms, but it's taking 900w comfortably, underhung motor, very nice SQL driver IMO. used for about 2 months. 300 shipped

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.