What exactly does sealed off sound like?

everything you said is false is my take on it, just like every other kind of box it has to be designed for the sub(s) going into it.

everything you said is false is my take on it, just like every other kind of box it has to be designed for the sub(s) going into it.
i was told that, its not my opion..never heard one, but how do they sound to you..what kind of differences between reg box setup (ported)

This all depends on the vehicle, you may gain output in frequencies, you may lose output in frequencies

I had my solo x 12s in my backseat area not sealed off to walling them off, and I lost output in the 25 to 27 hz range but gained pretty much up towards the mid 50s. For me the low lows play the best with just one window open, then windows up and lastly with both windows down.

This all depends on the vehicle, you may gain output in frequencies, you may lose output in frequencies
I had my solo x 12s in my backseat area not sealed off to walling them off, and I lost output in the 25 to 27 hz range but gained pretty much up towards the mid 50s. For me the low lows play the best with just one window open, then windows up and lastly with both windows down.
i bet from the outside the car sounds alot better sealed off tho right? less rattle and more bass from a bystanders point of view

i bet from the outside the car sounds alot better sealed off tho right? less rattle and more bass from a bystanders point of view
It really depends. It may make your trunk not rattle as much/anymore but if you gain output you could cause other stuff on your car to start rattling and become annoying.

You can hear the plastic part on my car where the winshield wipers attach rattling, my doors will rattle, trunk rattles some. Door is annoying though because I can hear it on the inside

Sealed off gets rid of a lot of rattle but, also more bass in higher frequencies. Usually reflecting the bass of of the trunk amplifies the lower frequencies 20-30hz and those will be lacking more once sealed off. Sealing off can actual make it sound more peaky also but, in terms of getting higher numbers it is the way to go.

It really depends. It may make your trunk not rattle as much/anymore but if you gain output you could cause other stuff on your car to start rattling and become annoying.
You can hear the plastic part on my car where the winshield wipers attach rattling, my doors will rattle, trunk rattles some. Door is annoying though because I can hear it on the inside
This is when wd-40 comes in handy. My doors got squeaky overtime so I would just spray them down along with any other area's that are similar.

hmmm. I suppose I will post something. So. Your dipshit friends say that the subs make noise when firing forward. That could be from a shit ton of reasons. Subs are motors and have moving parts. and if you some how fuck something up, say port area, port tunning, over power or clip, then you might get noise. most fools get hella noises anyways but cant hear the shit because it is all contained in the trunk. but a properly done sealed off trunk forward fire setup can be noise free.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.