JBL Speaker opinions

Participant count
  • Participants list

cotjones
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I'm looking at getting a pair of 6.5" Coaxials for my backseat, and I already have a frakencomponent set in the front consisting of a 6.5" Type-R midrange set and a set of kenwood tweeters. (Both of which have been decent.)

For the backseat I've been considering both the GTO and Power Series JBL coaxials and was wondering if any of you have had comparative experience with them and would recommend them? If I really like them I'll probably eventually buy the component set to replace the aging front speakers.

Clarity at high volume is important to me, I have an old schood rockford fosgate power series 4channel amp they will be on. I listen to a wide variety of music and want something that won't crumble your teeth when you listen to a guitar with high distortion at high volume.

I have customers running the GTO628s and the P662s. Both sets have gotten good feedback. I will say that you're not going to get that crazy loud, realistic output from a $100 pair of coaxials. They should be fun speakers, however.

Yeah the p662's are your best option for the price. I have a pair of them and a pair of GTO608 components if your interested hit me up. Eitherway good luck and hope you find something good.

Anybody have any experience with both the type-R comps and the p662's? I'm wondering what to expect.

I find it more difficult to shop for high/mid-range speakers because the specs seem to tell you less than with subs, and most dealers have the speakers on display installed under un-realistic conditions. (Like a sealed box in a small acoustic room.)

Trumpet, you mentioned I'm not going to get the crazy loud output from these, do you have any other recommendations?

I have the Type R comps right now and hate them. They have good clarity and can get loud undistorted but when it comes to the bass department don't expect even the slightest. Haven't had a pair of JBL's before but I can guarantee they are improvement compared to these Alpines. I'm also considering switching to JBL's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.