Apline SWR T10 power\box\install

Participant count
  • Participant list

destruction
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Right now I have the shallow apline 10 in a prefab ported kicker truck wedge with a JL XD600/1 on it. The sub is rated for 600rms however since its a 4ohm svc, i can only give it ~400 watts with the 600/1.

I am thinking about getting a sealed box and possibly replacing the amp. I am looking for some user opinions on this sub sealed vs ported. I know the box isn't ideal but its what i had and it works for now.

Is 400w enough for this sub or would it really shine with 600w or more on it?

200rms is not going to change your output to your ear at all. the box will. get a custom box ported from @double 07 ; amazing boxes for sick prices :)

look in the star mountain vendor store, he posts a lot of his work there. top notch.

what is this going in and why did you get a shallow

If i went with a custom box, it would have to be Mr. Marv out in Cali. He built a few for me 6-7 years ago and his work is just insane.

Its going under the rear seat of an 08 crewcab silverado. I went with shallow because i am very limited on space since it needs to fit under one of the rear seats.

But that box has double the internal volume that i need right now and it takes up 2/3 of the underseat space. I can only give it the area below one seat. My truck is on the older side as well (08) so it will be replaced this year. Ideally i would want a universal enclosure.

actually if i was you i would get a fox box and change the sub to 2 sundown e-10's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif in the dual fox box. you can prob sell the alpine and with the sundowns being on sale this month they are a steal get most of your money to get the box and subs.

2 e-10's on the jl amp will be perfect instead of wasting money on the amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif get more cone area and sick box on non shallow subs

SSA Shop - Sundown Audio E8 sub woofer

But that box has double the internal volume that i need right now and it takes up 2/3 of the underseat space. I can only give it the area below one seat. My truck is on the older side as well (08) so it will be replaced this year. Ideally i would want a universal enclosure.
well then i would call 007 see what he can do he is in tn and for a .75 cube box will cost you 70 plus shipping for basic box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

destruction

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
destruction
thibodaux, La
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date