what to surround my box with?

78nova
10+ year member

XXX
well i was started thinking today at school, what should i do to make my box look good, i mean the look of MDF just doesnt cut it for me, so i was thinking if i should carpet it, but then,BOOM //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif i had an idea, i was thinking if i could put linoleum around the box like 2 layers worth and spray paint it red or another color, will this work or are my ideas just stupid, i kinda dont want to carpet for my box because it is to original, what else could i do besides carpet and fiberglass

thanks

anybody............

i need responds because my dad went and bought some linoleum today for some project of his, and i was thinking of doing it tomoro if i didnt get any responds, so please help

If you use linolium and try to bend it on the corners it will rip and tear a lot. linolium is meant for a pretty straight surface I beleive.

Linoleum was invented in England in 1863 by Frederick Walton who coined the name linoleum from the Latin name, linum, which means flax, and oleum, which means oil. Later in the century, Michael Nairn, a flooring manufacturer in Kirkcaldy, Scotland perfected the flooring, introducing qualities such as inlaid patterning — a feature seen today.

Linoleum is a flooring that is manufactured by oxidizing linseed oil to form a thick mixture called linoleum cement. The cement is cooled and mixed with pine resin, and wood flour to form sheets on a jute backing. The term, linoleum is often used incorrectly to describe any sheet flooring, when in fact flooring can be made from other materials such as polyvinyl chloride.

what if i cut out a piece for each side and staple it on, my box is pretty square i would post a pic of the diagram of the box, but my computer ***** and it dont let me post pics

If ur gonna put linoleum, only to spray paint it, what's the use?

just SPRAY PAINT the box, 4get the linoleum!

I never seen sexy linoleum anyway, why would u want it on ur box? I think MDF would look bettter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.