1/2" MDF for dual 10" sub box?

its harder to work with if your using screws. .75 is like $5 more/sheet. why you wanna go with .5?

Well I've already made the box. But if I need to build a different one I want to do that before I install it. I've silliconed, glued and screwed it together, it looks pretty stable.

Last edited by a moderator:
did you use any bracing? is it ported or sealed? U may be ok with low powered subs.

install the drivers and crank it up and see whaqts up

I haven't braced it any, its sealed and the subs are only 150rms so there really not that high powered.
photostream

Because i can add more support to it, but it will take some time and money to do so. I didn't want to destroy the box if i can just add more support first, but only if needed.

Because i can add more support to it, but it will take some time and money to do so. I didn't want to destroy the box if i can just add more support first, but only if needed.
If it is built properly you will not destroy it, even if it is .5".

You can always add the 1/2 wood on top,to make it thicker/add a new Face to it so to speak,Those subs will get down in a well made box.Though they are entry level subs, I had a pair of tens on an Autotek Mean Machine 99, and in 1.4cu ft ea sealed, and they sounded pretty good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.