Polk MM6501 or JBL MS-62C or Polk DXi6500?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I've had both, and absolutely loved those polks, but I just half assed installed the jbl's (still gotta improve the mounting and deaden the doors and tweak the settings), and the jbl's are a whole different speaker upon my first impressions and my limited listening time. They are extremely accurate, Cymbals sound lifelike like I've only heard in much more expensive sets. Midbass is decent considering the lousy install, so not fair to compare yet.

If I were to choose again, I'd definitely go JBL.

Ok so if i get the JBL MS-62C what speakers do I get in the back. Does JBL make speakers that are meant to go with these?
JBL has several lines of speakers and a variety of coaxials that would be great with MS-62C components in the front. You don't need to match the speakers and they don't make MS coaxials. Here's a nice choice if you have 6.5s in the rear:GTO628

Infinity Kappas can be considered close to MS-62C, as the Kappa use a similar woven glass fiber material for the cones. Of course, they're not the same in general as the tweeters and crossovers are still very different. Kappas use first order crossover, I believe, and silk tweeter. JBLs use a metal tweeter with a more robust crossover. I'd agree that the rear speakers probably don't matter a lot. I personally would use Hybrid Audio Mirus coaxial speakers (paper come and silk tweeter, with a primitive crossover typical of coaxial speakers).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.