would 3 10s or 2 12s sealed be louder?

i like the sound of sealed better. its more clean to me. and i listen to music that needs a smooth bass response. ive heard ported boxes built to spec but i perfer sealed. thats just me.

So generally the 3 10s should be louder

but 3 10s would be running at 1.33 ohms so i wont get the full 2200 rms

[quote name='sjv13']@xxgazasydexx;

which has more cone area?

3 10"
3 * (3.14*5^2) = 235.5

2 12"
2 * (3.14*6^2) = 226.08

EDIT: May I ask, why sealed?[/QUOTE]

Not really something to go by when playing with Ohm loads.2-12s can sound much better,than 3 tens at a better ohm value, and perform much better actually.

Not really something to go by when playing with Ohm loads.2-12s can sound much better,than 3 tens at a better ohm value, and perform much better actually.
Fair enough. I would personally go with 2 12s anyways. Less expensive. Simpler. Less space.

It will be very close. Ohms are very close, and the surface area is also very close.
Exactly, I would say it comes down to cost, space and which sound/response does he prefer with respect to a 10''or a 12'' driver.

One thing I would ask is what type of music do u listen to? In a sealed box (especially) I can really here the difference between 10 and 12 inch drivers maybe not a drastic difference but still a difference.

I would lean towards 2 12" drivers due to the cost, ease of wiring, space, and I personally like larger drivers. What subs are u considering?

I have 3 10" JL Audio W6's in a sealed box, sound great but doesnt have that breath taking bass that I was after. I am replacing them with 2 SA-12's in a ported box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.