Help, opinions, and expertise needed!

Participant count
  • Participant list

headshoothoncho
10+ year member

Alright so right now i own two 10" type r's (not the newest but not the oldest. they handle 500w each) these are in a decent bandpass box at the moment. I am constantly buying and turning over subs for money so i would like help deciding if i should keep the type r's.... or sell them and buy something else. i am looking for a pretty high spl sub with hopefully a decent amount of quality to it. So, if it were you what sub would you buy while staying pretty reasonable. I like alpine and JL and am familiar with them, but i know there is much more outside that little box. So in summary what could i get that is better than my alpines for just as much money or less. any brand....but something i could find used is always nice.

Thanks!

Yeah i have been looking at them.... would one of the 15" be louder than two alpine type r's?
It's hard to say... The 15 would have more cone area, but the 10s would have more motor force. The 15 would most likely be louder on the same power though

It's hard to say... The 15 would have more cone area, but the 10s would have more motor force. The 15 would most likely be louder on the same power though
oh alright. and depending on how much money i have when i buy i might just get two twelves? the box should fit in most cars correct?

oh alright. and depending on how much money i have when i buy i might just get two twelves? the box should fit in most cars correct?
It should. Just make sure to measure where you want to put it, and also measure any openings before making/ordering a box

And 2 12s would be louder than a single 15

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.