iPad Mini Dash Build

Hello everyone.

Doing an iPad dash for a friend on here, his screen name is @03F150MrSBF ;

I'm doing this, kinda cheating:cool:, using a kit from a company coming up called Fifield Fabrications.

Here's the link

Fifield Fab Custom Car Audio - Home

He will be coming out with more products soon as well. So keep referring back and you will see new products posted soon.

Goals of this dash were to blend it as close as possible and keep it low profile and flush with the dash. Onto the pics:naughty:

Started with this
th_DSC_0406_zpsf0013d7a.jpg
[/URL]

Some shots of the kit

Port for connector

The way it "opens" or unlocks and allows removal

How it looks mounted

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/hhawksqb1/th_DSC_0410_zpsedb6faab.

Let the cutting begin
[URL=http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/hhawksqb1/?action=view&current=DSC_0412_zps6aca0fac.jpg][IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/hhawksqb1/th_DSC_0412_zps6aca0fac.jpg

Dash and the kit cut down

Started looking at this and realized I could cut out that center bar, the ipad kit will separate the AC controls.

DSC_0420_zps84e117d4.jpg

Saved these clippings so when I went to melt the plastic on the dash kit to the dash, "weld" I would have some plastic weld fuelé

DSC_0423_zps272a96bc.jpg

Started welding/melting the dash kit to the dash

DSC_0424_zps3c32c332.jpg

DSC_0426_zps9df4826f.jpg

Al welded then I used a epoxy that is

DSC_0429_zps6ee144a6.jpg

Just need to make some finishing pieces and ill be fine

DSC_0430_zpsaa61d539.jpg

Looking nice.... My buddy is doing one for his Tahoe. His first build kinda went to crap.. went to junkyard and bought a couple extra dash trims.

Looking nice.... My buddy is doing one for his Tahoe. His first build kinda went to crap.. went to junkyard and bought a couple extra dash trims.
Thank you, I have a Silverado, same dash, and I'm gonna be doing mine once I'm done with this one.

looks nice s far to bad they dont have anything for a nexus 7 mount
Been talking to the owner. Be patient. He's got a lot of stuff coming out in the next few weeks/months, give him some time he will make you a happy man.

Great start man!
Thanks JT, hey PM me man I've got a question for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.