new mmats amps do rated???

oldschool4me
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
ep, ohio
Got a buddy looking into possibly getting a 300.1 or 1400.1 and mmats claims its 1400rms on the 1400.1 but it houses 80 amp fuse and the 3000.1 fuses at 200a. ohms law says its impossible but mmats claims otherwise. Anyone have experience with their new line? My buddy actually called mmats and could not get a straight answer. Thanks.

this question was just asked a few days ago. if you search, you can find the full explanation, but short answer... yes. rated + more.

Amp draw is much greater than fuse rating. A 120 amp fuse can have 240 amps of electricity flow through it without blowing. I had an old autotek that had 160 amps of fuses but max amp draw of 269 iirc

Amp draw is much greater than fuse rating. A 120 amp fuse can have 240 amps of electricity flow through it without blowing. I had an old autotek that had 160 amps of fuses but max amp draw of 269 iirc
so why would they recommend an 80 amp fuse on something that draws much more?

yep. my autoteks fuse recommendation is 60 amps, lol. this is because music is dynamic, and fuses will not blow if your surpassing the fuse rating for short time periods. The purpose of a amps fuse is to protect the amp. you aren't protecting a 2k amp with a 200 amp fuse that will take 500 amps for long enough to fry the dang thing.

Because that's how all Amps work. Not just mmats. Sundown etc draw more than the amp rating. It's just that they are less effecient so they have to allow for a higher fuse rating. To prove this I know everyone had known people who have shorted there amps out and not a fuse on board popped but amp was fried. This is because it was such a short surge.

Because that's how all Amps work. Not just mmats. Sundown etc draw more than the amp rating. It's just that they are less effecient so they have to allow for a higher fuse rating. To prove this I know everyone had known people who have shorted there amps out and not a fuse on board popped but amp was fried. This is because it was such a short surge.
yea i know but that just seems like a pretty drastic margin. 1400w amp and 80a fuse.

yea i know but that just seems like a pretty drastic margin. 1400w amp and 80a fuse.
there prob one of the best amps you can buy, thats why they are a pretty penny vs other amps. It has always been there knock.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.