Fan Output??

Participant count
  • Participants list

lameduck
10+ year member

Michigan
So i was looking at the online specs and such of my Polk PA660 and it says it has a Fan/Led Output on it... Looked at a lot of sites selling it, and they all have the same feature listed... looking at my manual, it doesnt have that listed/labeled anywhere in any of the PA models, and looking at the amp, i dont see it...

Is this voodoo i dont understand, something internal, or Polk adding features that dont exist and then sellers copying/pasting the ghost features to their ads?

Whether or not your amp actually has one, you can always use the Power, Remote, and Ground inputs on the amp to hook anything up. Seems the simplest to me.
True but if you go this route you are going to want to run an external relay to run any lights/ fans you may want to add. Unless the fan and lights already have dedicated power,ground, and remote leads of their own you won't really wanna try to draw too much power off of the remote turn on line itself. Just use the remote turn on lead to trigger the relay and you can run a bunch of stuff.

I dont remember of any Polk amps to ever have an internal fan.Even MoMo series, which was considered the best series they made, never had internal fans,,the only cooling concept for any amp such as this type, in air induction,more than likely,small holes on the bottom plate, and maybe small holes on the side/top to release the heat.Raising any amp approx 1/2 in of the flat mounted surface,with washers on each mounting tab,will help quite a bit, and by adding a fan, will only be much more beneficial to any amplifier,to run cooler, and perform at its best,.As Spoon has stated, a relay would be necessary if adding an external set of fans,lights ect.,,as a 30-40 amp relay which is very cheaply bought($5-8 bucks or less) that is the right way to do additions for the remote line, and you can add quite a bit that way,without strain.Very easy to incorporate and easily obtained.But, I have ran on single scroll fan on one sub amp without any issues,from the amps power source.No issues.But, I am almost 100% certain that the amp you have does not have an internal fan.Best way to find out is to open her up to see..if new, I dont recommend it for warranty issues, but if bought used...Why not?

It's brand new, with warranty... it supposedly has a fan output..which is what i'm wondering about. I plan on putting it under my rear seat and want to put a fan on it. I'll probably just do the relay way, but i'm still curious why it lists a Fan Output in the manual and everywhere, but nothing on the amp for that.

It's brand new, with warranty... it supposedly has a fan output..which is what i'm wondering about. I plan on putting it under my rear seat and want to put a fan on it. I'll probably just do the relay way, but i'm still curious why it lists a Fan Output in the manual and everywhere, but nothing on the amp for that.
Where did you buy the amp at? Dont open it up, and Void the Warranty for sure..Yet, even adding an external fan if it does have one inside(I doubt to be honest)that extra fan will still be beneficial.be sure to get that amp up off the floor if placing under the seat, due to drinks that get spilled,and could ruin that amp.Stinger makes a quite fan,and is cheap,and moves quite a bit of CFM too.I use theyre scroll fans, but they are a little loud for placing up front

Adding one fan for that amp off the source will most likely be just fine without a relay if that is all you are going to be doing(less lights ect)

Where did you buy the amp at? Dont open it up, and Void the Warranty for sure..Yet, even adding an external fan if it does have one inside(I doubt to be honest)that extra fan will still be beneficial.be sure to get that amp up off the floor if placing under the seat, due to drinks that get spilled,and could ruin that amp.Stinger makes a quite fan,and is cheap,and moves quite a bit of CFM too.I use theyre scroll fans, but they are a little loud for placing up front
Yea, their Scroll fans are awesome, but they're a bit loud.

Yea, their Scroll fans are awesome, but they're a bit loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.