1994 Ford Ranger regular cab enclosure ideas and sub recommendations...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chollis
10+ year member

I want to build a custom enclosure in my little '94 Ranger. I have bucket seats, and I'm open to a center console box or something that fits behind the passenger seat. I think that one higher end 10" should be plenty to rock the truck, but I was hoping to get some suggestions on box design and some recommendations on what sub(s) to put in it. I'm going for SPL, and I want it to be THUMPING. I would really appreciate any input any of you guys might have. Thanks.

Personally, I would do lower-end or mid-level 10s in a ported enclosure. As long as you are not crazy tall, you should have the room you need to fit it all behind the seats.

That's the thing, I'm 6'4". I'm fine with middle of the road subs, and I would prefer a ported enclosure, but I need to have my seat all the way back. I can build the box no problem. I've done it before, I work in the special effects industry so I can build pretty much anything. I just don't know a lot about box design. C'mon man, help me out with some ideas.

That's the thing, I'm 6'4". I'm fine with middle of the road subs, and I would prefer a ported enclosure, but I need to have my seat all the way back. I can build the box no problem. I've done it before, I work in the special effects industry so I can build pretty much anything. I just don't know a lot about box design. C'mon man, help me out with some ideas.
Best option is to get some measurements to work with. Behind the seats and if you took the console out...then we could try and toss out some options for what space you have available.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.