visonik 4000xd??? help

Participant count
  • Participants list
You don't have any idea on what caused it to stop working? Did you just obtain it or something?

Take the bottom cover off and post some decent photos of the "guts" of the amplifier. There's a chance of you seeing something on the board that pops out at you as being charred or burned up.

dam this is bull

if i check out the guts would i se somthing bernt or somthin

there is a smell coming form it, it smells like a burnt subwoofer coil in the amp

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

ok ill post pics an a lil bit

dam this is bullif i check out the guts would i se somthing bernt or somthin

there is a smell coming form it, it smells like a burnt subwoofer coil in the amp
You may see something, but not always. If your amp is generating a smell don't hook it up any more and send it to someone for repair or sell it off as broken.

I just bought this amp and recieved it today... hooked it up and nothing, so i took it out and looked into the guts and bammm looks like somone cooked it lol

So this was not caused by me right??? lol it would haved smoked i assume

Because i am wanting to return this now =[

O and another question wtf caused this???

30my52p.jpg

Yikes!

What is the story with your purchase? You bought it used from a member on here or locally?

What'd you pay for it BTW? Hopefully you can collect something back on the sale of the non-operational amplifier, or the seller holds his/her end up on selling you trashed equipment.

no it was an ebay'er lol

it was a woman =[

description said:

The amp appears to be almost new condition!

My ex-boyfriend was sponsored by Visonik for competing in car audio, and this was

one of his spare amps, so the box has been opened but the amplifier appears to have

never been installed.

hah //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif Never expected that lolol It was his spare blown amp for parts i guess lol!!! this *****

That'll be a tough one if you were indeed sold a non-operational amplifier, proving that and all. Hopefully the seller will be decent, and she'll do what should be done. But don't hold your breathe just yet, though PP might be a different story for the better or worse.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.