MutantDreams

Should I do it?

I have a buddy who wants to sell me his system, all of this will go in my '08 cobalt. The head unit is a pioneer deh 6500bt.

2 re audio se-x 15's dual 2ohm coils 600rms each.

Re audio xtx- 3000.1 ( i believe its 1000@ 2ohms

Re audio 4 ch (the cheaper silver one )

Cheap *** line driver (6v rms supposedly)

And a digital voltage guage, oh and some 9 wire.

He wants $360 for everything, or $300 for everything but the 4ch. Does this seem like a good deal? I only want to hit 140's and i think in the right box itll do it. Any opinions/comments?

well new re subs are junk, i run the dts amps now and dont have any complaints, havent tried the xtx series and 300 bucks with out the four channel? they only go for about 65 new, i would compare prices against his judment

Thats what i figure on the 4ch, i looked up the subs and amp, and the price on just the amp is $250 and the subs are $160 each, so it seems alright, I just dont really know much about the subs. He won't just sell the xtx 3000, so I'd have to buy the whole setup. But the major make or break part of it is this: do you think i could resell the whole system for $300 if i needed too? I dont want to buy anything that isn't liquid enough to resell if i find some subs if rather have.

Haggle him on pricing but 2 15s on 1k in a proper box should get you in the 40s. I was 145 @44 hz w/ 1 10 and 1200w in a daily box.

If i can hit 145+ ill be stoked, the box will be ported through the back deck, i was just thinking the surface area would make up for the fact that they arnt all that great. I do think the amp is solid, 1500@1ohm means i could run a single decent 12 off it in the future

the question is, will 2 15s fit in the back of a Cobalt?

I've never looked in the back but I doubt you can fit the proper space for 2 15s back there.

That im still not sure of. I know im going to have to build the box in the trunk if there is any hope tho.

If you can't make a 6cu box, I wouldn't bother doing 2 15s. Do some of those other suggestions I put if 4-5cu is all you can squeeze. I don't know about 145s in a trunk, but you should be in the 140s easy.