hits

CanUhearMe25
10+ year member

im putting an 18" kicker solo x in my truck have a moster amp for it but i rather hear what other ppk think bout th soundstream xxx10000d have 2 2000hc kinetik n a 200amp altanator with a read top that should give the power up to power up the 10k

i had 2 solo x but just sold 1 n i was thinking the same thing to much power but if anythink ill just have it half way till i get another x

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

its the 18"

If you are going to try to run 10k daily, get as much reserves as possible. Also, the X 18 will take 3500-4k clean. I would not give them more than that on a regular basis or they will begin to cook. Excellent motor, weighty soft parts and only a 3.5" VC. The cooling is there but the OEM parts just don't take power well.

Never ran a X but from my experience from running kickers is to be careful with power. They cook fairly easily. They should hit pretty hard though!

The Solo X coil have unwound on people who misuse them. Running more than 4k is crazy on that sub. It will heat up real fast to begin with on 4k.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.