Newbie Sound system upgrade help

Frsports02

In my 99 Camaro i now have: Amps: Pioneer 760W, and a Kenwood KAC-646x and Subwoofers: Punch P1 , and a Jbl power series both are 12's, and all other speakers are stock. I did not put this system in the car. I also dont like the fact that everything is from a different brand.

I want to upgrade this system. What would be the best total setup thats not too expensive. From the headunit, speakers, amps, and subwwofers. Who makes the best of what. I want a nice clean sound to where the bass doesnt drown out the "other" parts of the song. But still a solid Bass. Also i want to downgrade the subs to 10's cuz i like the sound of them way better than 12's. Im basically looking for a system with the clarity as the Dre. Beats have. I listen to rap/ Hip hop, so i still want the bass but also very clean highs and other elements of the song.

That is a very individual kind of question. When it comes to good sound. it is all to the individual. Just about all of your major brands will fill in what you want to do. the best thing to do is go and lien to a bunch of brands. and find the one that speaks to you. Me i am a huge fan of Crossfire Car Audio. Great products and great people!

My budget is around $500, maybe more if i absolutely need it and if its recommended, but yea im going more for quality but still want it to be somewhat loud. Or even a quality loud sound.

My budget is around $500, maybe more if i absolutely need it and if its recommended, but yea im going more for quality but still want it to be somewhat loud. Or even a quality loud sound.
500 can only get you so far(not very) on a system. I would advise to go with a single 12 instead of a pair of 10s to save money. Buy used because 500 really cant get you an entire system. Either bump up the budget or lower. Your expectations

I am willing to bump up the budget.
For starters, apsm-1300 amp for sub $100, aq sdc2.5 12" sub $140, mb quart 4channel 80x4 $120?, polk db components + coaxials $220, wires $80?, headunit you can allow 150-200 for something decent.

Someone could probably do better, but that would be a budget system..

I would find a nice entry level single 12 and a nice budget amplifier. Get a propper box made for the sub, not a prefab. Find yourself a nice set of entry level componenets for the front doors and a solid 2 channel and you would be leaps and bounds from where you are now

4 Channel amp for front stage - http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/566111-eclipse-pa5422-4-channel-sq-beast.html

Speakers - http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speaker-classifieds/566144-fs-focal-165vb.html

12" sub - http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/565729-fs-b2-12-sub.html

The APSM 1300 would work for the sub, just set the gains correctly.

KnuKonceptz/AudioTechnix wiring

HU would be up to you. You can find a nice Sony/Pioneer/Kenwood for about $150 with all the features you need

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.