Another Championship Ring

Bass race is a music format. It is broken up into 4 classes. 120.0-129.9 db 130.0-139.9 db 140.0-149.9 db and 150.0-159.9 db. You play music for a 30 sec average. Your goal it to be at the top of a giving class at the end of the 30 seconds. Top 8 in each class move on to eliminations. you go head to head until you get you winner.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

I compete in the 140.0-149.9 class.

Bass race is a music format. It is broken up into 4 classes. 120.0-129.9 db 130.0-139.9 db 140.0-149.9 db and 150.0-159.9 db. You play music for a 30 sec average. Your goal it to be at the top of a giving class at the end of the 30 seconds. Top 8 in each class move on to eliminations. you go head to head until you get you winner. 

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

I compete in the 140.0-149.9 class.

I always wondered this, so its similar to bracket drag racing, where you wanna run as close to your dial in and you loose if you break out (go over) or if you run too slow of a time

So clearly the goal is to hit 149.9 exactly. I bet that can be frustrating!! Im guessing you just start out with it low on a continuous frequency and turn it up till you hit your mark. Or does it have to actually be music?

TThe best part of this format is that anyone can win. It doesn't take a lot of equipment to compete in the 129.9 class. Other formats you have to have the best of everything just to be competitive. Not with this format. And there are a lot of ties. it makes it a lot of fun.

First run is my teams world record run in bass boxing. it is a different format. Right after his run is my run. You can see the fun with the ties. but you have to watch to see how many times we tie

con grats mike ,team audio connection jim here , you beat my teammate last march for the 2010 final ,gary killian ,yea i've seen some of your runs on video ,very nice . and by the way guys 149.9 is not east to get ,you need a lot of power to get there .

It proves anyone can have a chance as I had only done 39.9 at a few shows that year and made it to finals against you in 49.9. Had several ties that night including the one against you.

CONGRATS on the rings, pimpin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I still think bass racing is THE most fun part of car audio comps by far. They should do classes with windows down so the crowd can hear it....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.