Regular cab '94 Ranger bo design help please...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chollis
10+ year member

I have a little 1994 ford ranger regular cab that I use for work. I want to build a custom enclosure for behind the seats, but I really need help with the design. I have 2 Audiobahn AW1000q subs that I would like to put in the enclosure.

Here are the specs on the subs:

Size 10 -inch

Impedance 4 ohms

Cone Material Non-pressed pulp

Surround Material Foam

Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet) N/A

Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet) 1.632

Port diameter (inches) 3

Port length (inches) 8

Free-Air No

Dual Voice Coil Yes

Sensitivity 91.1 dB at 1 watt

Frequency Response 23 - 500 Hz

RMS Power Range (Watts) 50-600

Peak Power Handling (Watts) 1200

Top Mount Depth (inches) 5 1/4

Bottom Mount Depth (inches) N/A

Cutout Diameter or Length (inches) 9 5/16

Vas (liters) 29

Fs (Hz) 30

Qts 0.41

Xmax (millimeters) 12

I have bucket seats with no center console and I am tall, so I would like to have the subs mounted close to each other so that I don't have to have one of them behind my seat. Rarely does anyone ride in the passenger seat so I can pull it forward as much as I want. I was thinking that I would like to mount them close to each other behind the passenger seat area and have one port facing the driver's side. I want it to be as loud as possible too.

I know that there are a lot of posts about single cab truck enclosures, and believe me I did read probably all of them. I didn't find the answers I was looking for, so hopefully you guys will help me out... I got the subs for free from a friend so I figured I'd use them. I am open to suggestions though, and I have a used Kicker SX900.2 that is fully functional that I would trade for some higher end subs. Thanks a bunch everybody.

Sorry, here are the recommended enclosure specs:

Recommended Sealed Box Volume: Audiobahn recommends a sealed enclosure with an internal volume of 0.4 cu/ft to 0.95 cu/ft.

Recommended Ported Box Volume: Audiobahn recommends a ported enclosure with an internal volume of 1.632 cu/ft and one 3" diameter x 8" long port.

I also forgot to mention that I think I would like them to be firing down. Thanks guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.