Prevent changing out system

Participant count
  • Participant list

cleansoundzz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Buena Park
Over the years I have slowed down quite a bit when it comes to swapping out amps, subs, etc. , I was buying equipment, selling equipment over and over for a few years. Last year I slowed down a lot from this trend. This year I want to stop. Recently, I bought some Audioque amps (AQ 120.4 and 2200D) on closeout and to say I am impressed is an understatement. The build quality, sound, and price of these amps are second to none. I want these amps to be part of my long term audio system. What words of wisdom or tips can you give me to keep from swapping out these amps for something which will yield me little to no improvement?

Thanks

Build a super clean amp rack for those amps, and then convince yourself you don't feel like re-building a new amp rack for any new amps.

I want some PPI amps, but my Boston GTAs are giving me good service, and they can't really be had anymore.

Let me elaborate so you don't think I'm trolling. I think you're already there, just have to make some sort of mantra for you to repeat to yourself when the urge to upgrade comes along. If you like it and it sounds right to you, then it's good. No need to fix it if it ain't broken, right?

Let me elaborate so you don't think I'm trolling. I think you're already there, just have to make some sort of mantra for you to repeat to yourself when the urge to upgrade comes along. If you like it and it sounds right to you, then it's good. No need to fix it if it ain't broken, right?
You are 100% right. Changing will lead to little to no benefit.

I like the idea of making an amp rack. Put a lot of work into untill its something you really like, then you probably wont even change it.

I like the idea of making an amp rack. Put a lot of work into untill its something you really like, then you probably wont even change it.
Not sure that would work with someone like me. I'd see it as a challenge to do better on construction than the last time. I literally have to trick myself into not upgrading

Honestly the only way to stop buying audio equipment is to find what best suits u no matter the price. Ive been through several amps the pass three years its a freakin sickness lol. Anyway I found an xtant 604 and 1001 this past year and decided to stick with them until they break. Personaly I think they sound and look gorgeous but they are freakin big //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif, then again every amp has its downside. I spent many years buying amps that were spl oriented until I went sq and never looked back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.