Do not deal with carstereoneeds

Boomin_tahoe
5,000+ posts

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
WA
They have a business thru ebay only. Long story short, bought my Soundstream Rubicon 2500.1D amp thru them. Had it installed for a little bit, then started doing some funny crap, and started smelling like fresh electronics. I got home checked out wiring and such, but something happened inside the amp. Contacted them thru email was told to send amp in for repair and they'll send me a new one. Amp is still under 3 year warranty thru them. Emailed them a few times because haven't heard nothing and they keep telling me they haven't gotten it yet. Went to my local shipping place and got proof document telling me they got it just before Christmas time. So someone is either lying or it's stolen. I contacted Ebay, Paypal, etc...no one can help me out. I've emailed them a few more times, at this point, they stopped emailing me. I now have 310 bucks out there somewhere and I can't even get ahold of someone. I'm spreading the word to warn people. Suggestions??

eBay has very strict policies to protect buyers. Sellers can't even leave negative feedback when they've dealt with a difficult buyer. Do you have a dispute open with the seller in PayPal? What exactly happened between you and PayPal? Your story is incomplete.

Well....points taken. What sold me was the good price for a brand new amp free shipping and 3 year warranty. Trumpet, my story is complete...read it again. The amp I paid for in April of last year. I didn't get installed until later on the summertime, last year. I keep emailing the place and they don't respond. I'd like to know what you mean by eBay has a strict policy to protect buyers yet I was on the phone with a rep for 1/2 hour telling me they couldn't help me. I'm gonna keep fighting...I'm not the type of person that gives up very easy...esp with 300 bucks out my pocket.

Open a dispute thru paypal dont need to ckntact the seller at this point paypal will do that
Just sent an email to them. I hope your right, got my fingers crossed. I have never screwed anybody over anything. Too much hassle to go thru so I know I'm a good guy. I got family to take care of rather than go and **** somebody over. Wish me luck. Will keep this posted.

just issue a charge back through your credit card company (although it seems like a very long time has passed and you may have trouble with that aspect). i dont even bother with these dispute features companies have, one phone call to the company, if the problem isnt resolved i call my credit card and theyll issue a charge back or mediate a solution. either way, 99% of the time you come out on top. ive always got my money back and never had to deal with mediation because most companies dont want to bother with it. anything else is a waste. sometimes the threat of a charge back will make them resolve an issue because its a strike against them with the credit card company.

Gonna bump this up. I got 1 email from this person named Liz, and nothing since. I keep sending emails, yet no response. A bit more info about this business, they go by 4 names: carstereoneeds, stereoneeds, speedsounds, inc, and mom & pop audio. I mean go figure, why have 4 business names of the same company?! They are located in La Mesa, CA. Unable to find an address or phone number for them....someone mentioned on another website they refuse to give them out. That said, got a few websites for those interested to view...

Ebay carstereoneeds / stereoneeds / speedsoundsinc - Chevy Truck Forum | GMC Truck Forum - GmFullsize.com

Ripoff Report | carstereoneeds | Complaint Review: 917585

Legit www.carstereoneeds.com ? - Yahoo! Answers

Carstereoneeds - Website Review of Carstereoneeds.com - TalkReviews.com

I'm still fighting to either get my amp back or refund. So far ebay, paypal, IC3(Internet Crime Fraud Agency) and State of CA of Justice Dept. have all been contacted regarding my case against carstereoneeds. What I wanna know is why is ebay allowing this scam artist to use ebay to operate their business?? Anyway, buyer beware.

Bump up~!! I want everyone to be aware of this scam. I think at this point I'm close to give up. Still nothing to this day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.