installing a hu

Participant count
  • Participant list
Has any one installed a dd hu in a 2001 impala and how hard is it
Very Easy to install man... just like installing a Single Din unit.. depending on the unit, you might have to cut some of the plastic back in the rear or take a hammer and block and bend it back some..

Very Easy to install man... just like installing a Single Din unit.. depending on the unit, you might have to cut some of the plastic back in the rear or take a hammer and block and bend it back some..
It's going to be the pioneer avhp 8500Bh and what can I use to cut the plastic out without damaging anything

It's going to be the pioneer avhp 8500Bh and what can I use to cut the plastic out without damaging anything
Take the dash apart... use a utility knife.... depends on the depth of the DD... or you can get the casing that extends out 1" from the dash instead....

Check the Crutchfield web site for compatibility. Some Pioneer decks are too deep to fit a GM dash without major hacking. My JVC barely fit in my Buick, I had to take a Dremmel tool to the plastic back piece and chop a bit of it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.