Some Ideas or pointers on my new setup.

RARECRX
10+ year member

I have a car I am re-doing to "today's" standard, sort of ,on a " I'm a 35 year old college student with a mortgage and family" budget . I am no guru to say the least , nor do I have extensive knowledge of current car audio parameters and dynamics. I wanted some input and/or advice on my setup .

The car is a 1987 Honda CRX SI with 95,000 original miles so I am not cutting or modifying anything that cannot be returned to original specs. It had a old soundstream system from the late 80's era when I bought it from the original owner. The deck was old cdx 90 sony that the panel light is out . , old soundstream amps , soundstream mixed mono x-over , and soundstream exact 5.2 's that I installed later .

I like clarity , but I like to shake things up as well .

Head unit: I have installed now a Kenwood KDC-X679 with 24 bit DAC and 5V pre-out. I like the unit , but I want something more current and good SQ with possible bluetooth and USB functions etc. Is this a good route or should I stick with what I have .

Front components to be installed : Aura sound 5.2 neo radial braxial set . The largest I can fit is a 5.25" driver without modifications. The sound ***** right now with the exacts. If I put a baffle will it help rather than being free? will deadening the area help with sound ?

Rear speakers: My CRX has the factory optional rear speaker setup. It is located over the shock towers behind the B-pillars. It can house a 6.5" speaker . I have Aura sound RPM co-axials , but I'm afraid the sound will be overpowered being to near the substage? Should I leave them out of the equation or Baffle / deaden and put midrange drivers in it instead?

Amplifier for running the smaller speakers is a Aurasound 3004 specs are

4 x 125 watts into 2 ohms

4 x 85 watts into 4 ohms

2 x 250 watts bridged mono into 4 ohms

0.075% THD @ 1 kHz

Subs : 2x sundown sa-8 in a custom enclosure built by Jason /mobileenclosure

Sub-amplifier : Aurasound RPM 2300 specs are

Power output: 2 x 225 watts into 2 ohms, 2 x 150 watts into 4 ohms, 1 x 450 watts bridged mono into 4 ohms •Total harmonic distortion: 0.5% THD, 20 Hz to 20 kHz at rated output •Signal to noise ratio (S/N): > 85 dB •Input sensitivity: 150 mV~ 5 V (low level), 1.5 V to 25 V (high level) •Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz •Dimensions: 9-1/8" W x 2-1/4" H x 15-5/8"

Is this too little amp for the sundowns? Or should I run My infinity 860W 8" instead? I have ran them both , the infinity's are really nice as well.

My electrical needs revamping and updated wiring . What gauge is recommended and should I do the "Big three" . I upgrade my battery from a stock 400CCA to a 700CCA is about it .

Any advice or constructive criticism is welcome . I want to stick to the Aurasound theme , but If I have to stray a bit I dont mind .

Sorry so long , but I'm a NOOB.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.