street max build on the CHEAP!!!

Ok so I've gutted my geo metro of all previous gear and wanted to see what I can do with the tightest budget in mind.
I'm going to log all purchases involved in or related to the build.
whats your name ? i have a couple of good friends that live in canada and who compete

ok so first off,.. i need a car and i want a 2 door hatch back. so i look online but check listings in small rural towns near by. you always hear of people getting this so called "deal from a farmer". i find a 1994 Geo Metro 5 speed and the price is listed as "Trade".

20130116_210058.jpg

so i call for the location and meet him there. he already has it running, so i start to scope it out. my mind is racing with ideas of a massive wall and tons of amps//batteries. peaking into the tinted windows i spot these black seat covers with dragons on them and a cobra shifter nob with eyes that light up!

20130116_214627.jpg

20130116_214648.jpg

instantly i burst into tears and laughter... i guess his mind was racing when he got it to!! so i jump in and take it for a rip. the car drives well and i ask him what hes was looking to "trade" for. he replied with "a cd deck". in disbelief i said well i dont know if have anything laying around but i can check. when i got home i riped through my garage in search of something. AT LAST!

images.jpg

i find a OLD OLD cheap Panasonic CQ-dfx100 that i got from friend 3 years earlier for free when his car went to the junk yard. i meet up with the small town cowboy and his eyes light up and says DEAL, and the car is mine lol.

now i need to find some gear!!

but what budget do i want, or better yet what will my wife let me spend? lol.. so the search is on.

ok so first off,.. i need a car and i want a 2 door hatch back. so i look online but check listings in small rural towns near by. you always hear of people getting this so called "deal from a farmer". i find a 1994 Geo Metro 5 speed and the price is listed as "Trade".
20130116_210058.jpg

so i call for the location and meet him there. he already has it running, so i start to scope it out. my mind is racing with ideas of a massive wall and tons of amps//batteries. peaking into the tinted windows i spot these black seat covers with dragons on them and a cobra shifter nob with eyes that light up!

20130116_214627.jpg

20130116_214648.jpg

instantly i burst into tears and laughter... i guess his mind was racing when he got it to!! so i jump in and take it for a rip. the car drives well and i ask him what hes was looking to "trade" for. he replied with "a cd deck". in disbelief i said well i dont know if have anything laying around but i can check. when i got home i riped through my garage in search of something. AT LAST!

images.jpg

i find a OLD OLD cheap Panasonic CQ-dfx100 that i got from friend 3 years earlier for free when his car went to the junk yard. i meet up with the small town cowboy and his eyes light up and says DEAL, and the car is mine lol.

now i need to find some gear!!

but what budget do i want, or better yet what will my wife let me spend? lol.. so the search is on.
i say go all out with VVME subs and amps CHEAP

so i figured if i had never competed before or had absolutely no gear what would i need??

so i hit a second hand shop and looked around. HEY!!! look at that FLUKE 27 Multi Meter.. i would need one of those, ohhh and look a nice Clamp Meter.. these are a must if you want to compete

20130116_210426_HDR.jpg

20130116_210507_HDR.jpg

oh and look at the ASKING price on the originally new $580 FLUKE ... $39.99???

and the clamp meter.. $69.00..

"hmm, would you take $90.00 for both?... sure they said.. lol and i was on my way starting off real CHEAP, a car traded for a 12 yr old deck and $90.00!

next up on the list... POWER!!! yeah baby, i need mega power cuz i can only run 4 mono blocks in street max.

so i tried for about 2 weeks trying to keep it as low as possible but could never land a deal that was in the budget,.. which by the way i had now set at $1600.00 as a limit. i thought, if i could hit 160db with $1600 in street max including absolutely everything needed,.. that alone should be a record!

but i couldnt find anything in the price range. my offers to other members on this site might have scored me a few deals,... if only not for having to get items shipped to CANADA!!!

so i moved on to finding SUBWOOFERS!! and beasts at that.

i made a call to the Car Audio shop i used to work at and asked if he had anything "on the cheap"... he listed some Absolute USA.. i said "naw bud, cant win with that".. then he says i got some Performance Tecknique... "BAHAHAHA,.. let me guess.. next your gonna sell me PYRAMID", he said well no i havent got anything... wait... i have two 15" ATOMIC's with the 818 motors that we competed with in 2000 to 2003..

20130114_190824.jpg

20130114_101131.jpg

20130114_101158.jpg

20130114_190351.jpg

i say to him "how much... and remember i know what the demo cost on these were bud" :p

he said... "i dont know, $400 - $500.. something like that"

i reply with "$300.. for the pair and ill put a "SUBSERIOUS" company sticker on the car lol".

he says.. "**** your cheap.. $350 and thats it".

SOLD!!!

20130116_203723.jpg

but i still need to score four powerful amps, "better check my inbox when i get home to see if anyone responded to my offers online"

I get shot down on all offers for amplifiers online.. ****!!

so i figure, i have to bite the bullet on something so i can start the build and start testing but it needs to be cheap!

oh no, you didnt????

Screenshot_2013-01-16-23-02-36.png

well i gotta do something and who knows. 2 AUDIOPIPES 1500's strapped to 1ohm on each Subwoofer might do the trick,.. FOR NOW!

well now its time to go to HOMEDEPOT to get... 3 sheets of 3/4" MDF, glue, apoxy, 750 screws, steel brackets, threaded rod, drill bits, bolts, washers.... did i leave anything out???...

20130116_212647.jpg

DOH!! i need to go back because i lost the Apoxy and im gonna need another sheet of MDF.

so here i am cruising through the "free" stuff in a local classified... HEY NOW! an OPTIMA red top? can it be!

20130116_232256_zps08dc6157.jpg

and 50 feet of 0 gauge, 30 feet which have been turned into booster cables?

20130116_232542_zps64793032.jpg

well i'll try it out and see what happens lol.

i cant seem to get the battery to hold a charge, it might just be screw'd, but the cable on the other hand doesnt look burnt on discolored. so far the total cost of the build is $1193.23.. and im still gonna need a good battery and a ***TERMLAB*** ANYONE GOT ONE ON THE CHEAP??? ive only got 406.77 left in the budget! can it be done?

more to come....!

LOL. This is awesome!

I'd suggest the MAKEITLOUDER.COM meter. It is very accurate if you have an accurate DMM. I have an extra one at home, but I'm in Florida for the next couple weeks so you might just want to call or email Will at makeitlouder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.