Sign in to follow this  
ausman

Amp install questions

I have a 250 rms watt Rockford Fosgate amp and a 1000 rms watt Rockford Fosgate amp that I'm putting in my 2001 v6 mustang, I am wondering what i need to do as far as what gauge of power and ground wire to run and do i need a HO alternator or a better battery to run this system properly?

Thanks

You'll want a good battery. Deka Intimidator. Oversized from stock size if you can fit it. The bigger the better. Group 31 if you can.

You may or may not need a new alternator. If you want to really push those amps to the limit, you probably will. A good - and bigger - battery may or may not be enough. You can do a second battery if you want, keeping the stock one under the hood and a bigger one in the back.

If you do a second battery/battery location, you want to use a minimum of 0 AWG wire. If you don't, 4 gauge will work. If you want to be able to upgrade amps to even more power later and/or a battery in the back later, use the 0 gauge now. Personally I say big battery under the hood and alt if necessary.

I know you won't have much space back there but I'm not ever sure I've really checked a New Edge out up close all that much.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Selling/Trading soon...

Ebay: ddfromma | Heatware feedback: ddfromma

what dragonrage says stay with 0 ga. and just get 0/4 ga distribution block to run 4 ga. from there to the amps and also the big 3 under the hood too

Feedback:http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1020411

Ok so i already have 4 gauge ran, so 4 gauge will work without big performance loss if i dont plan on upgrading later.

the 4 gauge will work yes. but 1/0 is better for the long term in case you plan on upgrading

1238512403_dancing_chimps.gif

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX

TEAM SSC

TEAM CADENCE

Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa

Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
King James has nothing on King Sac!

So what gauge of wire should I use when going from the amp to my 2 subs

You can get 10 gauge speaker wire really cheap in the close outs on KnuKonceptz. That would be more than enough size for your set up.

141.8 DB @ 36Hz

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this