What's Your Favorite sub & and Why? 1 Per Person...

murph
10+ year member

Low for Life
Richmond,VA
I figure I would continue the topic from the SPL spot.

Mine would be the Lightning audio x2.a12.v2. Reasons why are it sounds like pure sex, is rare, looks like sex, has a neo motor, good power handling and gets low. Nuthug

15" LMS4000.

It does it all. It has detail and dynamics at very low levels and gets right in your shit as you increase the demand, the size and scale of instruments remain proper. Uber-soft spider and dead silent excursion right up to 3 inches. Very demanding on amplifiers and likes lots of air space but it disappears into the music. Seamless blend with my XBL^2 front stage, you cannot locate the sub even if crossed relatively high. I've gone so far as to run it wide open (no filter). Resolves perfectly the fundamentals and overtones with absolute linearity... up until thermal compression, at least. Not a very efficient driver. No free lunch, as they say.

sundown nsv2 with zv3 surround and 5 nsv3 spiders. awesome sub, super musical but can take monster power and gets loud. great in smaller boxes too. when I rebuild mine to 18s im going to try 6 nsv3 spiders per sub.

I regret getting rid of my re audio se10d4's, they did everything i asked them too and sounded great. Amp would have to be the hifonics vulcan from back in the day, that thing was crazy.

I haven't used enough that I wanted to make a decision. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Infinity Perfect 10's. I've had more expensive, bigger, louder, etc. But these were pure SQ goodness... Only pair I kick myself in the ass for getting rid of.

Well after spending thousands on tc sounds drivers and falling in love with each 1... to date my favorite subwoofer isn't at all a tc sounds. Don't get me wrong they're some really nice drivers but horribly inefficient. Even the famous lms. Yeah I said it.... I've owned eclipse ti pros to the uberwoofer to some revos and everything in-between. I've had small problems with each and everyone. Nothing major but still when I look back... the only subs I had that I never had any issues with was the ti pro (severely under powered) and the 3hp proto types and my rl-p's. The uberwoofer cone broke around the surrounds. My la x2 the surrounds came unglued. Revo motors kept coming unscrewed. Not to mention the super fragile cones. And again all of them needed more than rated power to shine.... I've had tsns subs no complaints but still needed tons of power to shine. Right now I'm thoroughly impressed with my newest purchase which is a pair of 18" death penalties. Not only was the price great which is also a contributing factor but the output on a saz3k rivals the output of 3 of my rlp or revo 15s. At a higher impedance.... I was afraid they were going to be super peaky woofers and I was going to totally dislike them. I bought them with several doubts. Well after listening to them on 2 ohm for about a week. I am again thoroughly impressed with the bandwidth and the output... again I have them hooked up to 1 saz3k at 2 ohms and they are getting the job done and then some. If you haven't tried a death penalty I suggest you do so.

It's close.. I liked my AV15h quite a bit... Played well into the midbass with no distortion, works well in small ported boxes, very low.distortion and just "musical".. honarable mention to the AA avalanche, tremendous low end... Fun woofee but lack of output over 60hz really hurt it musically.. trying full on pro audio next.. we shall see.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.