Sign in to follow this  
trumpet

JBL MS-62C 6.5" Components, 2 sets

Item(s) for Sale:

JBL MS-62C

Item(s) Description/Condition:

NIB

These are one of the hottest values in 6.5" components right now. Build quality on these is on par with $500+ sets from other brands. Even the manual stands out, with full color photos.

JBL® MS-62C at a glance:

• 6-1/2-inch fiberglass laminate woofer cone with vented, cast-aluminum basket
  • Titanium inverted-dome tweeter
  • Separate woofer and tweeter modules with a high-quality external crossover
  • Woofer phase plug
  • Spring-loaded push terminals

• Power handling, RMS 160W for the set (80W per side)
  • Frequency Response 60Hz - 20kHz
  • Nominal Impedance 4 ohms

Price:

$200 shipped

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Free USPS Ground shipping within the Continental US

international shipping available

Item Pictures:

th_jbl_ms62c_zps543125f5.jpg

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

I can do a package deal with a Massive Audio BX2 2-channel amplifier or a Precision Power P900.4 4-channel amplifier, as well as an amplifier installation kit and extra RCAs. If you want coaxials for the rear I have JBL GTO628 and GTO8628 6.5s or 6x8s in stock.

Edited by trumpet
package deal available, see end of post

@BarrySchanz on social

Founder and CEO of Barry Schanz Enterprises, LLC

dba Rubyserv

how do these compare with Infinity perfect 6.1s

'05 F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 4X4 Off Road Modded Powerstroke

Rebuild in process

Pioneer DEH 80PRS

Modded Linear Power LP4753IQ

Front Woofer: Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5"

Front Tweeter: SEAS Neos in pods

Back: Pioneer TS-D6802R

Knukonceptz Karma 12ga

Stinger HPM3 RCA's

Big 8: PhoenixGold Oga

how do these compare with Infinity perfect 6.1s

Without hearing either set it's a guess, but the two sets should be at a similar level for quality and output while having different characteristics. I believe the Kappa Perfect line was discontinued before the MS line from JBL was released, so MS-62C has the latest technology.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

any trades?

Cash

@BarrySchanz on social

dba Rubyserv

Without hearing either set it's a guess, but the two sets should be at a similar level for quality and output while having different characteristics. I believe the Kappa Perfect line was discontinued before the MS line from JBL was released, so MS-62C has the latest technology.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Cash

what an unusual medium of exchange.

also, are these under warranty?

Get taken down to funky town

also, are these under warranty?

Yes. It's a 1-year warranty against defects if purchased within the US. http://www.jbl.com/images/media/JBLCar1YrWarranty.pdf

@BarrySchanz on social

dba Rubyserv

My JBL/Infinity distributor is out of MS-62C until they can meet their minimum order. I ordered the P660C Power components to substitute and they will be in my hands tomorrow.

@BarrySchanz on social

dba Rubyserv

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gladiator_jai
      Hey guys,
      I did it. Thanks to 'bigaudiofanatic' from here and the umpteen people whose posts I have been reading for a couple of weeks. Thanks to Douglas Baker for his awesome blog and Bavarian Sound Works. Most importantly thanks to the quotes by local shops of $700+ for what I have done in $150, as that was my biggest motivation.

Now moving to the pics:

The ride: 02 BMW 540i with DSP.

The Stuff:

Subs - 2 x JBL GTi MKII 10"

Amp - Sundown SAE-1000D

Headunit - Stock
      Wiring - Kicker 4GA kit I pulled from my honda.
      Box - Sealed .75^3/Sub.

The trunk with stock subwoofer enclosure:

After I removed it:

Stock DSP Amp:

Box:

• By Sneakysh13
      WTT JBL BP1200.1

for Ap18001 Audiopipe or something similar.
      Feel free to ask questions.
    • By LiveAudio911
      So Basically I'm about to go from a car to a truck.. I'm pulling the back seat out completely so my options are endless..

So bascially I am wanting some suggestions on my setup in an extended cap truck.. I am running a sealed box.. same one I have now.. its set for optimum performance of the Subs.. but I am sure I will get some degraded sound in some of the slopes.. and possibly a boost in the higher end slops if I load them correctly..

So basically should I load them firing against the rear of the cab? having the box closer to the rear of the front seats or point them forward.. up or at an angle towards the back glass/rear..

And just so everyone knows this is my set up.. and (I'm not gonna change my equipment so please don't bother and waste your time or mine.. )

2- 12" Power Series Subs, running on JBL GTO 1400.1 (1200 RMS @ 4 Ohm/1500 RMS @ 2 Ohm) Sealed box 1.3ish per Sub..

Details on the truck will probally be somewhere ballpark range of F150 or F250 Ext. Cab Year's 81 through 96...

Thanks guys!
    • By MadMax78
      Hello everyone,

I own a Volkswagen T2 bus from 1978 which I mainly use for long overland journeys. In my case space is at a premium, so not room for large woofers etc. I have a pretty decent audio setup running at the moment. It actually sounds nice but I'd like to be able to crank it louder. My current setup is as follows:

Head unit:
      - Pioneer 5100UB

Amp:
      - JBL GT5-A604 (4x 60W rms)

Speakers:
      - Sony XS-HT170SN, component set, 17cm woofer with tweeter. Woofer is mounted low in the front doors, tweeters are on the dash, facing up, to the windshield. Powered by the amp.
      - Sony XS-HT170SN, 6x9 4 way speakers, mounted in a cabinet in the back, facing down. Powered by the head unit.
      - JL Audio 8W3v2 sub, powered by the amp, bridged 160W

Now here is the proposed new setup:

Head unit:
      - Pioneer 5100UB

Amps:
      - JBL GT5-A604 (4x 60W rms)
      - Rockford Fosgate T600-4 (4x 100W rms) with Rockford RFC1 capacitor (already own these components)

Speakers:
      - Rockford Fosgate T1652-S (same mounting positions) 17cm comp set, 100W rms, powered by RF amp
      - Rockford Fosgate T1692 (same mounting positions) 6x9 2 way set, 100W rms, powered by RF amp
      - JL Audio 8W3v2 sub, powered by the JBL amp, bridged 160W

Now I have a couple of questions about all this. The first problem we have at the moment is that the 6x9's in the back produce very little low's. I'm not sure what the problem is here, there are mounted in rather small boxes, which are not airtight. Besides that the speakers are angled vertically and actually pump their volume straight into the bed that is below it. If you lay down below the speakers you actually do hear some bass, although it is not nearly as much as the speakers in the front doors put out.
      Can this be fixed by building a proper enclosure for them? Maybe vented? Or is their position just never going to work?

Here is a picture:

Another question I have is about possibly adding a center speaker in the dash. The stock factory radio had a single speaker in the center of the dash, facing up to the windshield. (5.25" mount) I was thinking about mounting a new speaker here and maybe power it from one of the (soon to be) free channels on the JBL amp, this will also allow me to turn it to a low volume since it would only need to fill the center of the soundstage a bit. What do you think about this idea? Worth the effort?

Then I have one last question about the tweeters in the comp set. I have read the best place to position a tweeter is actually as close as possible to the center of the main driver. In the current setup the woofers are low down in the doors and the tweeters are up on the dash.

Couldn't find a much better picture, but you can see the windshield there. Now I have also read the winshield can broaden the soundstage so this position might not be completely stupid.
      In the new setup would you keep the tweeters on the dash or move them close to the woofer, on the door? Here is a picture of the current woofer location:

(not actually my own car, but we use the exact same location)

When we mount the tweeter there I'm a bit concerned all the high's will be lost in your legs being very close to them.

Ok, lot's of questions here, I hope you may have some answers and or suggestions for me. Thanks in advance!