How to bridge a 4 channel amp.

Ok thanks. Can I use 3 & 4 as well
Using a 4-channel amp is not optimal to power a single subwoofer. I'd trade it for a mono block or a capable 2-channel amp. Actually, in your case, you can't. If you tried to power each voice coil with a bridged set of channels, they would have to be 2ohm stable in bridged mode. Not a good idea IMO.

It is just for a week or 2 until I get a mono.. When I said can I use 3 & 4 also I meant. Could I use EITHER 1&2 or 3&4, not all at the same time. Thanks though

for most 4ch amps yes you can bridge 1+2 and you can bridge 3+4, making most of those amps "2/3/4" channel amps. You'll need to put the coils of your sub in series for 4 ohms. You can use the 2 other channels for front speakers or something.

As for how to accomplish it, that can vary per amp. Some will connect the negatives, flip a switch, and use the two positives for the speaker output. Some will connect L ch - to R ch + and use the other two for speakers. Some will connect L + to R - and use the other 2 for speakers. etc. Best to look in the amp's manual if it's not silk screened on the amp how to do it.

Not silk screened and no manual...

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

and thats why i asked cause i noticed some used both negatives or both positives

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.