Lowflyin

How to bridge a 4 channel amp.

This sounds dumb but I've never done it before. I have a DC PAI 120.4 I wanna run on my D2 sub. Does anybody have a diagram or something so I don't F ish up?

Sold To: Epic0318, Alpine-Accord Bought From: JL Audio, SPLAudio, JS UltimateSounds, ShoelessJake

This guys a winner...

I want to trade my amp but it is currently mounted to my trunk, how do I go about posting a picture with the date etc with it mounted? I can barely get to it

Use the left positive and right negative. ..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its a 4 channel. Channel 1 + and channel 4 - ?

Sold To: Epic0318, Alpine-Accord Bought From: JL Audio, SPLAudio, JS UltimateSounds, ShoelessJake

This guys a winner...

I want to trade my amp but it is currently mounted to my trunk, how do I go about posting a picture with the date etc with it mounted? I can barely get to it

Its a 4 channel. Channel 1 + and channel 4 - ?

Channel 1 + and 2 -

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X494

Sony Mobile ES XM-5046

Image Dynamics CTX-6.5cs components

8" Rockford P1 in .7 cubes, 3" PVC Aeroport @ 35 hz

Bought from: SkarAudio Sold to: VanLan

Ok thanks. Can I use 3 & 4 as well

This guys a winner...

Ok thanks. Can I use 3 & 4 as well

Using a 4-channel amp is not optimal to power a single subwoofer. I'd trade it for a mono block or a capable 2-channel amp. Actually, in your case, you can't. If you tried to power each voice coil with a bridged set of channels, they would have to be 2ohm stable in bridged mode. Not a good idea IMO.

It is just for a week or 2 until I get a mono.. When I said can I use 3 & 4 also I meant. Could I use EITHER 1&2 or 3&4, not all at the same time. Thanks though

This guys a winner...

for most 4ch amps yes you can bridge 1+2 and you can bridge 3+4, making most of those amps "2/3/4" channel amps. You'll need to put the coils of your sub in series for 4 ohms. You can use the 2 other channels for front speakers or something.

As for how to accomplish it, that can vary per amp. Some will connect the negatives, flip a switch, and use the two positives for the speaker output. Some will connect L ch - to R ch + and use the other two for speakers. Some will connect L + to R - and use the other 2 for speakers. etc. Best to look in the amp's manual if it's not silk screened on the amp how to do it.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Selling/Trading soon...

Ebay: ddfromma | Heatware feedback: ddfromma

Not silk screened and no manual...

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

and thats why i asked cause i noticed some used both negatives or both positives

This guys a winner...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now