Boston Acoustics SR60 Capacitor Details

Participant count
  • Participant list

cerami50

I've been having issues with one of my crossovers and stupidly waited until the warranty was up to investigate. One of the capacitors on my tweeter board has continuity across it so I'm hoping I can replace it and the x-over will be like new. Only problem is, the only identifying features on the capacitors are "8.0J 100V." No part numbers, no capacitance, and Boston tech support wouldn't help. Do any of you have a wiring schematic for the SR60 tweeter board or can you suggest a pretty universal cap I can replace the bad part with?

Much appreciated!

Sweet deal, thank you very much! Now, even if I get one that is technically the same spec, would it be in my best interest to replace both the 8 uF caps on the tweeter board with new components or should the difference between OEM and the replacement be so minute as to be unnoticeable?

Good point. Not really worried, but might as well. Thanks again for the help, I'd buy you a brew but I don't live in Oregon. So thanks for saving me $60.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.