I'm a ******* and fucked up can you help?

husker77
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Nebraska
So I got a new battery for my jeep and forgot to secure it. It slid off the tray and was sitting on the exhaust manifold. So it melted a couple of holes in the case. I was thinking of trying to epoxy a couple of patches over the holes and refill the fluid. Has anyone ever tried anything like that?

just have to say the swear filter made me laugh on this one. I just typed out both words thinking they would both get edited.

It was like $150 from Crapreilly's. Not an expensive CA battery but not cheap non the less.

I believe I'm going to just say all you guys are wrong and do what I want anyway. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Isn't that what most posts are about? Someone to tell people their bad idea is okay.

I had a new Stinger SP1000 back in the day that I installed in my Olds Alero with too long of a power wire. There was enough slack in it that the wire eventually migrated over to the exhaust manifold and melted the insulation and shorted. The battery was toasted and my car shut off in the middle of a 4 lane highway. I got a new one under warranty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif /cool story

I don't think they will warranty it with 2 quarter size holes in the side of it. I was going to check, I know a couple of the guys there pretty well.

I was expecting something way cooler with a build up like that
Can I get a explosion or something at least? fuck..
I expected worse myself. The power wire was literally welded to the manifold and it took quite a bit to break it free. The battery didn't swell or anything though, just read 0.0 Volts after that lol

I had smoke, does that make you feel better?

I do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif Was it blackberry kush?

I expected worse myself. The power wire was literally welded to the manifold and it took quite a bit to break it free. The battery didn't swell or anything though, just read 0.0 Volts after that lol
While replacing my alt last year, I had the bat pos > alt cable stuffed away where I thought it wouldnt move.. while removing the alt bracket bolts with a ratchet, the power cable magically fell onto the ratchet handle and fused itself to the wrench. It was pretty nuts. Good thing I was quick enough to let go before it hit. Huuuge arc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.