pre-fab box questions

[quote name='RF_toyotaGS300']i currently have a rockford fosgate T2 12' would a pre-fab box be ok for this sub i understand that this sub is pretty beefy i am just afraid it will ruin the box then i wasted money so if someone could help me with this it would be great thanx[/QUOTE]

The reasons we don't advocate prefab boxes is because they're normally tuned WAY too high, like in the 40Hz region and won't give you the real capability of your subs. Look into getting a custom box made for those T2s and you should be very happy with your purchase. @double 07 ; or @pro\-rabbit ; should be able to give you something considerably better and for not a whole lot more.

That MSW box is nice but for about $30 more dollars I could put him in a custom 2 cube box with a SEEEXXXXXXYYYY kerfed port with a lot more port area than that box pictured......

I wasted HUNDREDS of dollars on pre-fab because I was never happy with the prior one I bought; thinking the new one would be better. WRONG. . I finally dished out for a custom enclosure and laughed at myself for even buying pre-fabs to begin with . Buy a custom from a builder here and never look back.

I, too, was about to buy a pre-fab box. I'm glad I didn't. If you double-check the dimensions given, the internal volume is way off compared to what is listed. Why bother when a custom built box is the better option.

Pre-fab boxes **** period. Get one made specifically for your sub. The box is the most important part of a sub stage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I wouldn't say all pre-fabs hard horrible but about 99% of them are. It could be lack of volume, port area, tuning, and/or build quality. Most of us can get design, build, and ship a custom 1 off enclosure for just a few bucks more. Typically if the designer is working around the products, application, and desired goals you will get a far better response from your sub stage then with any prefab enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.