HELP! Eclipse CD-8455

Participant count
  • Participants list

O.G. D-Wet
10+ year member

[]D [] []v[] []D
My ex bought me this used CD-8455 a while back and I am just getting to installing it now. It is missing all mounting hardware and trim-ring... What are the chances of me finding this stuff?

I'd also love to pick up an IPC-106 ipod interface and/or auxillary cord... Is it worth starting a WTB thread on here or should I give up and buy these new?

WOW thanks for those links! I just found out that NONE of those iPod accessories even work for my head unit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif But I will be giving United Radio a call first thing tomorrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif

I got my ipc-106 on ebay. There were a ton of them on there. Of course west told me he thought it sounded better just running through the auxilary cord that runs out the back, it accepts a 3.5mm headphone jack. There have been several "none working for parts" eclipse head units on ebay lately, maybe you could get one cheap and steal the mounting sleeve and trim ring.

WOW thanks for those links! I just found out that NONE of those iPod accessories even work for my head unit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif But I will be giving United Radio a call first thing tomorrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif
No problem.

The iPC-106 will work with the CD8455. It is pretty limited though. You can use it in Surius mode or CD changer mode. I've used both modes with my CD8455. Easiest way would probably be to use the auxillary input as mentioned.

I got my ipc-106 on ebay. There were a ton of them on there. Of course west told me he thought it sounded better just running through the auxilary cord that runs out the back, it accepts a 3.5mm headphone jack. There have been several "none working for parts" eclipse head units on ebay lately, maybe you could get one cheap and steal the mounting sleeve and trim ring.
No problem.
The iPC-106 will work with the CD8455. It is pretty limited though. You can use it in Surius mode or CD changer mode. I've used both modes with my CD8455. Easiest way would probably be to use the auxillary input as mentioned.
Thanks again guys! I am just now getting around to calling United Radio, Eclipse and might even try sonicelectronix. I will check eBay if I don't get any solid responses

I just got a hold of an IPC-106 for my 8052 - haven't tried it yet but if it allows me to switch tracks with the radio controls that's really all I need.

No problem.

For the CD8455, it does allow you to switch tracks in either mode. The search function only worked in the Sirius mode, but it was not easy to use. I just picked out the playlist before I plugged in my phone.

I might throw in my CD8455 in a little bit... I like switching out my head units once in a while.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.