$5,000 system that sounds like i paid $800, please help???

BigMikeQ
10+ year member

Ok so I'm new here and I'm frustrated and very confused. A car audio shop which I won't mention talked me into buying most of this mess. I have a Pioneer 8400 head unit, audio control 3.2, the mid's and high's and good, it's the other stuff that I'm mad about. I have 1 kinetik 1800, 1 xs power 1200, 2-1500.1bdcp's, 1 arc audio 300.4 and 1 Rockford prime 100x4, 2 RE Audio 12's SXX.

Please don't be funny but what would you do? Assuming that I can't start over and what would you do if you could start over?

So are you unhappy with the output of the subs or just in general? How many different mid/high end speakers do you have? I guess I don't understand why you have two mismatched 4 channel amps

first off 5 k for that ,you got burned bad .anyway what kind of box , do you have 0 gauge wire ,dump the prime amp ,is crap anyway,use the arc for fronts and rears if you need them .what car /truck ?and last question , why 2 small batteries ,should have gotten one big one like the odyssey pc 2150

I would be real interested to know what shop it is seeing as I am semi local to you. If they suggested this setup for you it would be nice to know what the name of the shop is so we can keep other people from spending their hard earned money there.

if i started over ,then 2 dc xl or lvl 5 subs 12 or 15's ,a dc 5.0 or ab 500.1,custom ported box by @double 07 ; some dls or cdt components in the front doors and mids for the rear the arc amp is fine .ofc 0 gauge all around ,and 1 or 2 xs d3100 batteries with the big 3 .

OP, any chance you have an itemized invoice for that install? I know most places here require it, especially for large installs like yours.

^^^ this ... And bro let me get that wifi wtf is up with that sig
Our University system is directly tied with the largest ISP on the West coast... direct fiberoptics to our university, Oregon state university, and Oregon state prison. It's crazy fast, 10gb blu ray movies in about 15-20 min. or less usually.

You could get a lot louder if you have a custom box MADE FOR THE SUBS... not custom that looks cool that an audio shop makes you or sells you.... you will think you have a whole new system is you get the right box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.