Crescendo Mezzo - JBL MS62C - Image Dynamics CTX - I cant decide!!

Participant count
  • Participants list

TreyE
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Tampa
Ok so I want the Mezzo's because they look like pure ***, BUT they havent been tested nor have I heard them. They are most expensive.

JBL's have amazing reviews. Middle man price wise.

Image Dynamics are the cheapest but heard a little harsh.

$200 budget. Someone help me decide!!!

Trey

I'm a fan of the CTXs, and the tweets are great IMO, but then again I didn't mind the Kappa tweets either.

I just bought the JBLs. I liked their power series and the ms look even better

The Mezzo's aren't out yet, but they look fantastic. If they sound anything like they look, they will be great. Might want to get these just to be different and try them. But the JBL's out of the other two.

No surprise as to what my vote is. Just wowed about 15 people today at a tailgate party with mine. Even sitting in the car with the volume maxed out, nothing but clarity.

I decided to take a plunge and I pre-ordered the Mezzo's. If anything I can just take a slight loss and resell them if I find I dont like them. Passed on the JBL because of the lower rms, only have 200 x 2 @4.

I'm justifying my purchase in my head lay off! lol I had a soft spot for the Mezzo look.

don't buy them by the way they look, buy them for sound. What people fail to realize is the blah looking paper speaker cones are best as far as musical reproduction. Most composite, space age, superpolyfragilistic cones are mainly gimmicks for marketing "new and better" products. Unless you're dodging bullets you are wasting money paying more for Kevlar woven cones. I'm thinking most speaker failure has to do with the VC and not the cone. Nothing that I know of can beat paper. If I knew then what I (think I) know now I would have bought Blues Audio comps that would have been about $100 more than I have already spent on 4 sets(in 7 yrs) of lower quality speakers. Paper cones(out of sunlight) have a 20+year life span.

don't buy them by the way they look, buy them for sound. What people fail to realize is the blah looking paper speaker cones are best as far as musical reproduction. Most composite, space age, superpolyfragilistic cones are mainly gimmicks for marketing "new and better" products. Unless you're dodging bullets you are wasting money paying more for Kevlar woven cones. I'm thinking most speaker failure has to do with the VC and not the cone. Nothing that I know of can beat paper. If I knew then what I (think I) know now I would have bought Blues Audio comps that would have been about $100 more than I have already spent on 4 sets(in 7 yrs) of lower quality speakers. Paper cones(out of sunlight) have a 20+year life span.
I know. I woulda bought some west coast customs if I wanted some bling blaauuwwww son! I have other reasons besides looks dude. Thanks though! It doesn't have to do with cone material, but rather speaker design. Which some people fail to realize as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

TreyE

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
TreyE
Tampa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date