Ford H.O. alternator

k_schutte
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Item(s) for Sale: American Armature (no American Powr Systems) 240A alternator

Item(s) Description/Condition: Don't know a lot about it. I got it from work (we build police cruisers and other government vehicles), it came off of a crown vic and I ran it on my '95 Explorer. I called them with the part number and they said it was a 240A alt. and should do like 110A at idle with a stock pulley. I had it gone over by Beusings Iowa Generator and they put a new Heavy Duty regulator on it as well as a smaller pulley and new brushes. Has about 500~ miles on it since then.

I was running 3kw~ rms, Optima yellow top (had laying around) and a single run of 2/0 and it got the job done juuuuust fine

Price: $250 shipped to the 48

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

Item(s) for Sale: American Armature (no American Powr Systems) 240A alternator

Item(s) Description/Condition: Don't know a lot about it. I got it from work (we build police cruisers and other government vehicles), it came off of a crown vic and I ran it on my '95 Explorer. I called them with the part number and they said it was a 240A alt. and should do like 110A at idle with a stock pulley. I had it gone over by Beusings Iowa Generator and they put a new Heavy Duty regulator on it as well as a smaller pulley and new brushes. Has about 500~ miles on it since then.

I was running 3kw~ rms, Optima yellow top (had laying around) and a single run of 2/0 and it got the job done juuuuust fine

Price: $250 shipped to the 48

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

Wish this fit... Glws bro

Suppoed to be for the 4.6l V8.. hit me up, your pms are full. Im interested if it is definately the same but I cant tell

looks to be the same mounting as the one on my ranger... which was for a 4.0 v6...
Well he said it was from a crown vic and on an explorer so those are 4.6, my grand marquis has a 4.6 V8 and the alt is strong but if this one is legit that would be legit.

The top mounting bolts look right and so does the harness plug

I was told it came off a vic, could be wrong. I had it on my explorer... either way, if someone can't tell by the pics if it would work on their vehicle, I would rather not do business with them anyways. No offense but if that pic isnt enough, probably shouldn't be touching your own **** in the first place.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.