Sign in to follow this  
rmeekerwrx

Sound Deadening HELP!! MLV and CCF?

I have searched around now for quite some time and can't really find anyone directly addressing my question so here it goes.

I am in the process of adding dynamat to my WRX (focusing on the doors, trunk and rear deck for now) I have already purchased the MLV(Mass loading vinyl) I will be using, and was just wondering is it worth the money and time to add a layer of CCF (was thinking ensolite) first, then installing the MLV over that?

OR would the difference in deadening quality be so minimal that just using the dynmat and MLV would suffice?

Any and all opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Oh one last question! My MLV is not peel and stick, what are some recommended types of adhesive?

Deadner/ccf/ensolite..

There is better and cheaper deadner than dynomat... AT for one...

2007 Chevy Impala LT

HU: Clarion CZ500 Front Speakers: CDT HD6.1

Sub: 15" SSA ICON Box: 3.6 cubes net tuned to 32hz Amp: Sub: ED NINE.1 / Front Stage: American Bass Hybrid 4chan

Sold To: Traded With : Bah ask around a lot of fscking people period.

Who/where did you buy the MLV from? MLV requires an isolating layer to work as a noise barrier. If there isn't a layer to decouple the MLV from the panel it will transmit the noise by way of vibrations. The installation method provided by Sounddeadenershowdown.com is brilliantly simple and it allows for the product to be removed and reattached at will.

@BarrySchanz on social

Founder and CEO of Barry Schanz Enterprises, LLC

dba Rubyserv

Who/where did you buy the MLV from? MLV requires an isolating layer to work as a noise barrier. If there isn't a layer to decouple the MLV from the panel it will transmit the noise by way of vibrations. The installation method provided by Sounddeadenershowdown.com is brilliantly simple and it allows for the product to be removed and reattached at will.

Thanks for bringing up the SDS tutorial, I was going to hunt for that. OP, you need a three-prong approach, so you want the CLD tile mated directly to the metal surface, the Ensolite over that, and then the MLV overlapping on top of the Ensolite. I've seen where people just use velcro to hold on the MLV tiles since they don't need to be perfectly mated to the surface you're attaching it to.

Spotify:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new FREE account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this