Optima battery question

Participant count
  • Participant list

sbarber82
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
There is a local guy on craigslist selling optima blue tops for $40. Can I use these as extra batts for my system in my truck or are they marine only?? Alo can this be used as a starter battery?

I was hoping to buy three of them and run one under the hood and the other two as supplemental batts.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I wasn't sure if it would be seen as much in the electrical section when I made them. I wanted some quick answers before the guy sold them all on cl. Did I ruin your day by doing so?

no, they need to be surrounded by water to work correctly. your car doesn't have enough buoyancy to keep the acid levels afloat. they can also only start motors on boats. boat motors are much different from car motors because they're in boats. hope this helps.

the only difference between blue and yellow is that blue has extra posts on top iirc. they are both deep cycle and are suitable for stereos and starting.

no, they need to be surrounded by water to work correctly. your car doesn't have enough buoyancy to keep the acid levels afloat. they can also only start motors on boats. boat motors are much different from car motors because they're in boats. hope this helps.
the only difference between blue and yellow is that blue has extra posts on top iirc. they are both deep cycle and are suitable for stereos and starting.
I don't get your post… First you say no they won't work, then at the bottom you say the only difference between blue and yellow is that blue has extra posts on top iirc. they are both deep cycle and are suitable for stereos and starting…

Which is it?

I don't get your post… First you say no they won't work, then at the bottom you say the only difference between blue and yellow is that blue has extra posts on top iirc. they are both deep cycle and are suitable for stereos and starting…
Which is it?
he was being sarcastic at the top lol. they will work great for a starting battery and for your stereo.

Does it matter if the "group size" is different than my stock battery to start the truck? If I ran one under the hood and 2 or 3 in the rear would do you think that is a good option? Would I be better off with stock under the hood and one xs xp3000 in the rear?

Does it matter if the "group size" is different than my stock battery to start the truck? If I ran one under the hood and 2 or 3 in the rear would do you think that is a good option? Would I be better off with stock under the hood and one xs xp3000 in the rear?
Yep, its a great option. get the blue top

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

40$ is a steal x3 for a blue top

Just called the guy but he is out until next week. I will pick up prob 4 of these and use one as a starter and 2 or 3 as aux batts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sbarber82

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
sbarber82
Vegas baby
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date