capacirtor not aloud, what else?

Nugg32
10+ year member

Ohio
how do i keep my lights from going Dim every time the bass hits in my car if its not a good idea to use a capacitor(i have read a few post on capacitors being bad)? i dont really have 600+ for a new alternator and battery. i will be running Two SA-12 with more than likely a SAZ1500 amp and my alternator is only like a 90amp so i know if i have that set up its going to at least make my lights Dim

You could add batteries, but it might be close to the same amount for an alternator for a good sized battery. Even if you do get batteries, your lights may dim. Lights in most cars are sensitive to voltage fluctuations, and even dropping down to 12.6V, where the battery actually takes over, will have your lights dimming. Have you looked up prices for an alt?

This isn't a cheap hobby.

You could add batteries, but it might be close to the same amount for an alternator for a good sized battery. Even if you do get batteries, your lights may dim. Lights in most cars are sensitive to voltage fluctuations, and even dropping down to 12.6V, where the battery actually takes over, will have your lights dimming. Have you looked up prices for an alt?
This isn't a cheap hobby.
yeahh and anything over 100amps is around 300+

ok i lied haha, what amp alternator do you think i would need for that set up? but its a 95 eclipse RS
Get the biggest you can afford. And you're not gonna get far being a douchebag around here. Well, now that I think about it, you might...

Get the biggest you can afford. And you're not gonna get far being a douchebag around here. Well, now that I think about it, you might...
Haha, My problem was i have been looking at dealers websites and of course they are going to be ridiculous, like mechman alternators are $700 for a 370 amp i think, screw that. but i just looked on eBay and they have them for a lot cheaper.

WHY would you be looking at a 370a alt???

Single G31 batt in the back should be fine for that amp "assuming" you don't play it full tilt for hours on end...

WHY would you be looking at a 370a alt???
Single G31 batt in the back should be fine for that amp "assuming" you don't play it full tilt for hours on end...

lmao, no i was just bitching at how ridiculous all the prices were being on mechmans site alone.

I wouldn't trust a POS fleabay alt....

i figured someone would say that. i just need to figure out how to do all this **** with putting a battery in my trunk and if its even going to save me money or not. I'm not in my car much and i have a new alt but its just a 90amp..so do you think a 90 amp alt would power 2 batteries?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.