check over my design for a single xd8

trevor87
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
GEORGIA
have a single american bass xd8 going in a bmw trunk. running around 400 rms. does everything look ok here?

1ywdid.jpg

suggestions welcome

no just never used this program so want a 2nd opinion. Also the cut sheet seems off to me. if its a forward facing slot port wouldnt the front of the sub box be cut shorter?

You are right about the specs for the baffle being the same size as the rear. That can't be right with the port up front. Maybe that software just doesn't account for it.

I usually measure then sketch a drawing of how I want the box assembled and figure out the volume. Then I calculate the port using WinIsd and finally model the whole thing in sketchup.

You 'might' want to up your "port area per foot" a little bit. This might require you making the box slightly larger though. Someone please correct me if wrong, but I believe its a general rule that you want between 14-16 sq in per net cubic ft. The first box I built for my SA12 had 12 sq in of port per cube and my newest one has 15.5 per cube and I definitely noticed a difference in output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.