Tampa Bay area Installer Here

BassMechkanic
10+ year member

the OLD in Old School
Tampa, FL
25 years experience

I do all areas of install, simple radio install, box building, fiberglass work

Tampa Bay's only authorized SUNDOWN Dealer, Tampa's Audio Technix Dealer

JL Audio, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Alpine, Kenwood, Skar, Crescendo, Audio Control, American

Bass, Pioneer, JBL, Sony, Memphis, Focal, Hertz, metra, stinger,

Pirate Customs

pm for more detail

piratecarstereo@gmail.com

25 years experienceI do all areas of install, simple radio install, box building, fiberglass work

JL Audio, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Alpine, Kenwood, Skar, Crescendo, Audio Control, American

Pirate Customs

pm for more detail

Gtfo for the bold.

But seriously, hope to see some of your work on here soon bro. Post up some pics of some installs when you get some time if you haven't. And stop selling Skar.

I only post pictures if customer is OK with it, cant be to careful these days....

I do alot of celebrity cliental work. so many dont want to be public.

I sell the brands people ask for, Skar (Kevin) has never done me wrong, he has gone out of his way in the past to help me out when others couldn't. I read the forums, heard the stories, asked his side on some topics and have my own opinion, I not out to make enemys but to make money, With that I get what the customer wants when they want it.

I posted something in this forum because it has been dead for 4 weeks, and I know there is alot of caraudio guys in my area, giving them an option rather than the over priced shops in the area who have no clue how to build a real system...... Thank You for interest, turn the volume back up!

2017 still here, many come and go and I am still here

your source for Sundown, Crescendo, Skar, Rockford Fosgate, Kenwood, Sony, Audio Control and many many more

Full installs - custom boxes, and look for my lithium battery!!!!!

25 years experienceI do all areas of install, simple radio install, box building, fiberglass work

Pirate Customs

pm for more detail

You sound like the kind of "installer guy" I wished I could have gone with. I got a pretty good one though, from Craigslist. And I'm in STL MO.

John Kuthe...

You sound like the kind of "installer guy" I wished I could have gone with. I got a pretty good one though, from Craigslist. And I'm in STL MO.
John Kuthe...
You need to find another installer guy since he can't do anything right in your install.

You need to find another installer guy since he can't do anything right in your install.
My installer guy did a LOT of good work. Installed HU with generic Chrysler radio plug I didn't even know existed, ran 0AWG 12v+ and gnds to battery, mounted amps, wired everything, did a s h i t ton of sound deadening, worked well on everything! Did basically all the electrical hardware install. He told me up front that he didn't know much about DSPs and he was correct, and referred me to Tim at Custom Sounds who did. Tim of course mistakenly reported my passenger side door speaker wire as bering shorted with a DC resistance oif 0.3 Ohms, which was incorrect and I pulled the plug off the wires and measured with MY VOM to be 4.00 Ohms, perfect! Works perfect too! I thought I was gonna have to have the door speaker wires rerun! But not so, just replace the 12" subwoofer and driver's door 6x9 then SET THE AMP GAINS PROPERLY! That will be a huge step in the right direction.

Do we know how to disable the Alpine PXA-H800 DSP for the purpose of setting amp gains? I haven't found that yet in the instructions.

John Kuthe...

Your best bet would be to find a shop that can set all your gains for you, be it with an O scope or an SMD DD1. That way you know when your system clips and you don't ruin any more speakers. After shop sets everything up for you DON"T touch any gains.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...