When i turn my ignition off, my radio wont turn off :( HELP!

tutsytutton

Hello,

I have a nissan micra tempest 2002, and I have a problem that when i turn the ignition off, my cd player/radio wont turn off, so every time i park up i have to unplug the battery so ensure that when i want to drive again my battery isnt dead. Its an aftermarket cd player installed before i purchased the car, although I have since installed an amplifier so power a sub woofer and 6x9 speakers, i have earthed it correctly, and have run the power wire to the positive terminal of the battery and attached the remote wire properly to the cd player. this is irrelevant i think however because even if i remove the power lead from the battery terminal the cd player still wont turn off. It wont turn off even if i remove the audio fuse. Turning the ignition off turns the display off but the radio is still backlit and turned on. What can i do to fix it so that the radio turns off with the ignition?thank you

Take the deck out and double check the wiring harness connections. Sounds like you have the red power wire from the deck hooked up to the yellow 12v wire from the car side. And if you take it out take some pictures and post as well.

dont get your red + power mixed up with the yellow wire that has constant power for memory. and dont splice red/yellow together. should help. some people create wiring nightmares, my girlfriends 96 sentra radio was wired from factor with a dimmer wire but the yahoo that had it before her had it to were you turn on parking lights you throw a 10 amp fuse and wipers and radio stay on while ignition is off etc etc. happy spark chasing

Had a similar problem before. Turned out it was a fuse. It was my fault, I put a 20a fuse where it needed a 10a fuse. But I only had a 20a fuse at the time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.