CD Player cuts out to radio

liftednali
10+ year member

Michigan
hey guys, im running 2 12 inch fusions with an audiopipe 1500.1 amp. Recently I've been having a problem where when i play a CD, and on certain songs that are loud and bassy the CD stops playing and my head unit switches back randomly to the radio. What could the issue be? I figured it was a poor ground and so today i regrounded it to a bolt that holds the seat to the frame, issue still persists. I plan on doing the Big 3 upgrade this upcoming week, but im not sure if that will be a fix for it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

it could be nothing but a problem with the cd player, not sure why you re-grounded the amp (I assume you were talking about the amp)

Also why bother with cds anymore, 32 gig USB Drive > cd's

My newest head unit doesn't even take CD's and I am happy with that.

im using my stock Bose head unit because i like it. At one point i disconnected my amp and subs and the CD player was completely fine, played all the songs no problem. I don't have any desire for a new head unit, although they are nice, i would rather save the money for other things.

[quote name='>>SQL

Also why bother with cds anymore, 32 gig USB Drive > cd's

My newest head unit doesn't even take CD's and I am happy with that.[/quote']

because CD sound > usb...

hey guys, im running 2 12 inch fusions with an audiopipe 1500.1 amp. Recently I've been having a problem where when i play a CD, and on certain songs that are loud and bassy the CD stops playing and my head unit switches back randomly to the radio. What could the issue be? I figured it was a poor ground and so today i regrounded it to a bolt that holds the seat to the frame, issue still persists. I plan on doing the Big 3 upgrade this upcoming week, but im not sure if that will be a fix for it.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!
im sure its not a grounding problem. the big 3 wont help with this, but it will help out your electrical, so go ahead with that. what HU you got?

When was the last time you cleaned it??I clean mine once every 2 months when being used heavy, and once every 4 months when not being used..Kinda sounds like you also may have a loose connection too could be a possibility??Ground wire?Power wire?Ect?Doesnt hurt to check to see if all are tightly secured, and wouldnt hurt to clean the cd tray area?Check your fuses as well, make sure they are good

I have no plans on changing it because i like the unit. @audiobaun How do i clean it? A loose connection on the radio itself or my amp? I will check my fuses today

Check all your wiring on the HU, since its the one going out/to different programs,cd-radio..you could be just flat out be experiencing too much vibration form the subs?I had a Kenwood HU that did not do well with vibration issues.CD Cleaning kit, at Best Buys/Walmart,ect

Check all your wiring on the HU, since its the one going out/to different programs,cd-radio..you could be just flat out be experiencing too much vibration form the subs?I had a Kenwood HU that did not do well with vibration issues.CD Cleaning kit, at Best Buys/Walmart,ect
Alright, i will do that. I checked the radio fuse and it was fine. I do have a PAC adapter hooked up to my radio in order to use my stock unit with subs it sends out RCA's to go to my amp, there is really no room for the little adapter box to tuck in there firmly and it is a tough space to get your hand through i tried my best to get it as far back as possible, However the radio did not slide down the 2 clip rails easily which means it could be lose, i did get it to snap in but im thinking that this could also contribute to the problem. I will get a CD cleaning kit today as well.

Thank You

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.